Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > E46
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E46 General discussion and technical help for 1999-2004 3 series cars.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
elisa

Name: elisa
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2002 325i
Unhappy Emergency Flashers and Transmission HELP!

Hi everyone. So for the last 3 months or so if after the car sits for 5-7 hours I have trouble with the car. Its a 2002 325i. I drive about 2 blocks and the tranmission light comes on. Rpms drop to 0 and the car will not accelerate. So I pull over, turn the car off, count to 10, and restart. The car runs fine the rest of the time. I had the ECG computer reset by BMW and this did not change any thing. Now I am still having this problam and another. Now the emergency flashers go off all the time! They turn on while the car is parked in the garage and while I am driving the come on and off. I feel like this is all related. BMW told me that I need a new transmission but I have a hard time with that since the car runs great other than after it has been sitting. I have had the car looked at and other mechanics say its the ECG computer that needs to be reset. But BMW has already done that so I dont know what to do........any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this post! And I hope you have some suggestions.