Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > E46
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E46 General discussion and technical help for 1999-2004 3 series cars.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
330cinewguy

Name: 330cinewguy
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 330CI
DDM Headlight Quesion Need Help

I have a 2001 e46 330ci with stock lighting, i want really bright lighting and i figured that this would be the best way to go. My question is if i buy these(url porvided) will they be able to go right on my car or do i need to buy anything else as well? I dont know to much on these types of lights, yet at least haha. Thanks for your help!

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=138&parent=22

Or would there be a better way to upgrade my lighting without replacing the headlights, with an hid kit and angels eyes kit for my existing headlights? Or would that end up costing just as much? Let me know thanks
Old 08-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
fernandos1

Name: fernandos1
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2006 330Ci Sport Pkg
I bought a pair of DDM lights with HIDs and about a month later the whole thing stopped working. Since I am horrible with a screwdriver, I had paid my local mechanic to install them and then had to pay him again to remove them and put the originals back on. I spent more on installation than the lights themselves!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
Big Evil

Name: Big Evil
Title: Moderator
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 BMW 525i, 1987 325is, 1986 325
Bunch of guys here HATE DDM with a passion and have many stories just like the one above, and many worse. I've never bought DDM but I think steering clear of them is most likely a prudent choice. Have you tried just replacing your bulbs with silver stars? HID's aren't really much if any brighter, and when they do fail you're talking uber bucks to replace them (not sure the cost out weighs the gain). Plus you're going from 12 volts up front to in some cases 12,000+ volts (thanks to the high voltage ballasts true HID's require). It'll spank you GOOD if you don't know EXACTLY what you're doing.
Big Evil, The BMW driving monster of the American Southwest (Currently on BMW #5)
Old 08-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
fernandos1

Name: fernandos1
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2006 330Ci Sport Pkg
my last experience with them was the nail in the coffin. I bought their interior light set and clear side markers. Got the lights which were so bad, you can barely tell they were on. The OEM interior lights are 6w, theirs were 5w. Then I got a message that my side markers were canceled (permanently on backorder) and they were refunding the money but would not refund me the difference in additional shipping paid until I explained to them that they charged me additional shipping for a second item that was never shipped. When I tried to return the interior lights, they slapped what it seems to be a cumbersome RMA process. For the $30 that I paid for the lights, it's not worth the hassle.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
Barosz

Name: Barosz
Click here to set it up.
LOLZ at defective demented morons AKA ddm.
they have to be the effing dumbest bunch of asshats i've ever encountered.
ddm NEVER AGAIN.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
dwrx04

Name: dwrx04
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: your mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330cinewguy View Post
I have a 2001 e46 330ci with stock lighting, i want really bright lighting and i figured that this would be the best way to go. My question is if i buy these(url porvided) will they be able to go right on my car or do i need to buy anything else as well? I dont know to much on these types of lights, yet at least haha. Thanks for your help!

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=138&parent=22

Or would there be a better way to upgrade my lighting without replacing the headlights, with an hid kit and angels eyes kit for my existing headlights? Or would that end up costing just as much? Let me know thanks
http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/l...-all-cost.html

http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/l...ison-test.html

http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/e...thing-ddm.html

go with bavtoys it will cost you a little more but you will get the best product available for your car not some chinese made shit.

I AM THE VANILLA GORILLA
member of the..."The bears can smell the menstration...................sercret society for really hung men."
I AM HETEROSENSATIONAL!!!!!!!!!1!!!eleven!!!!11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT View Post
*sniff sniff*

DDm smells like a Jim Powell venture to me. No thanks. I'd be afraid of the mucus trail the call would leave all over my phone. Although in all reality you would probably be fine ordering from them, I wouldn't patronize the place if someone knocked on the door and paid me to run their product