Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
alpine wiess 325is

Name: alpine wiess 325is
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 325is, 1994 525i
BMW's : The love/hate relationship

Why is it that when bmw's breakdown they are the most annoying fuckin cars on the planet, and when there running they are like the best cars on the planet, why god why!!!! And why do i keep on buying them? What drives me to drive the bavarian machine?
Old 03-22-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
the spirit of dirving
Old 03-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
celsdogg

Name: celsdogg
Title: never gonna happen
Rate My Car: 131 / 340
Your Ride: BMW E30, Subaru BE, Cannondale M400
what broke?
Old 03-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
theSMELSINATOR

Name: theSMELSINATOR
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1990 325iX
all i have to say is -1
Old 03-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
iamcreepingdeath

Name: iamcreepingdeath
Title: Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1995 325i
It's the sacrifice for having the Ultimate Driving Machine. And fixing them isn't all that bad, actually. you just have to think a little differently than if you are fixing an American or Japanese car. BMW likes to invent complex little plastic clips and things rather than use bolts everywhere. Everything ends up working out, and expect to have to do some research.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
johnnybayonne

Name: johnnybayonne
Rate My Car: 254 / 340
Your Ride: 1997 328i
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine wiess 325is View Post
Why is it that when bmw's breakdown they are the most annoying fuckin cars on the planet, and when there running they are like the best cars on the planet, why god why!!!! And why do i keep on buying them? What drives me to drive the bavarian machine?
You have to look at it this way, any car that breaks down is annoying! The difference is a BMW is not just any car or you would not feel the way you do about about your Bimmer! You have a love, a passion for this car they call The Ultimate Driving Machine. You are use to them performing well, because for the most part they do! With that they are a little more complicated than the average car, but thats the price you pay! So if you are somewhat handy with tools pick up a Bently, OBD l or ll scanner, & check out all DIY's on-line & try to fix it, you might surprise yourself. Sometimes you might not be able to fix every problem and occasionally have to bite the bullet and bring it to the dealership! So again that's the Price We Pay! To own the Ultimate Driving Machine!

Johnnybayonne,

Last edited by johnnybayonne; 03-22-2008 at 02:26 PM..
Old 03-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
Exilion

Name: Exilion
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1991 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
It's the sacrifice for having the Ultimate Driving Machine. And fixing them isn't all that bad, actually. you just have to think a little differently than if you are fixing an American or Japanese car. BMW likes to invent complex little plastic clips and things rather than use bolts everywhere. Everything ends up working out, and expect to have to do some research.
I hate those plastic clips so much.... they are somewhat more reliable in that they wont vibrate off. I can tell you though... they have some majorly annoying clips on the back sides of things that suck for people with big hands (which would be me). Other than that these are good solid cars and really arent as complicated as they seem.

BMW's are made by god... kinda
Old 03-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #8
alpine wiess 325is

Click here to set it up.
Ive had my e34 before ive had my e36 for over 3 years, and so I know that i need to do research, thats not the point of my rant. They are just a shit load more sensitive then other vehicles that i have driven, for example the older volvos are bulletproof, my family had 4 of them none had transmission problems (the e34's transmission went out at 108k) and none had engine problems. I know BMW's are great cars (or else why would i buy another and join a forum?), so I dont need fanboys to start defending them like there life depended on them, i love bmw's just like everyone else on here, so don't tell me that I need to be patient and blah blah, im not new to these cars, they are by no means perfect vehicles, and thats where some of us have problems understanding. I'm just trying to release stress....

Last edited by alpine wiess 325is; 03-23-2008 at 02:05 PM..
Old 03-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #9
johnnybayonne

Quote:
so I dont need fanboys to start defending them like there life depended on them, i love bmw's just like everyone else on here, so don't tell me that I need to be patient and blah blah, im not new to these cars, they are by no means perfect vehicles, and thats where some of us have problems understanding. I'm just trying to release stress....
Hey! Alpine, I am very sorry if I came off the wrong way. I posted what I felt about your situation, because I felt the same way many times. I asked the same question, why! So this is why I think we feel this way about our cars. I am not a fanboy by any means and yeah I got a little blah, blah, blah, again I've felt the very same way,The Hate: I've had that f$#king' CHECK engine light on for fn' 3 months, & refused to get ripped off by the stealerships, then I had the on board computer spitting out all this bullshit about my brakes, said WTF why did I buy this POS, but once I got everything squared away it was back to Love again!
So Peace Alpine, Peace
johnny,
Old 03-24-2008, 01:56 AM   #10
alpine wiess 325is

Click here to set it up.
my bad, i didnt mean to sound like i was lashing out at you, im just frustrated in general, but its all good i still love my car....... And these forums are great as well..lot of nice people
Old 03-24-2008, 02:21 AM   #11
alpine wiess 325is

Click here to set it up.
My car is like a canvas, it allows me to express my self....iono why i had to say that, its late i guess and im bored out of my mind..
Ahhh...good ol' bmw owners!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #12
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
It happens with anything your really love you have your highs and lows. Today i'm picking up my 318 from the shop and dropping a bunch of cash on it, the price you pay for waht you love.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #13
johnnybayonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine wiess 325is View Post
my bad, i didnt mean to sound like i was lashing out at you, im just frustrated in general, but its all good i still love my car....... And these forums are great as well..lot of nice people
No problem! We all been there.
Take care,
johnny,
Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #14
Exilion

Name: Exilion
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1991 325i
Older volvos are good cars. Not nearly as much fun though. I donno the e30 hasn't seemed that expensive to me. Then again that's the most common bmw in my area and I don't mind shopping around online. I will admit though I hate being forced to go online for everything. Sometimes places like Advance Auto is much more convenient.

This is similar to my family's old volvos. The wagon saved my dad's life and my own when this woman went 45 through a red light and hit us on the side (it was icy so we spun around... allot.. hit a barrier and stopped. Volvo = totaled). And I think my dad ran the gl into the back of a school bus. Some reason I don't think he liked the Volvo's that much since those were the only cars he crashed. Anyway these two below aren't mine just similar. I forgot the point of this post...

BMW's are made by god... kinda

Last edited by Exilion; 03-24-2008 at 08:41 AM..
Old 03-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #15
johnnybayonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_318is View Post
It happens with anything your really love you have your highs and lows. Today i'm picking up my 318 from the shop and dropping a bunch of cash on it, the price you pay for waht you love.
Hey! Nick!
$$$We all know that feeing too!$$$

Last edited by johnnybayonne; 03-24-2008 at 09:40 AM..