Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #31
MTurboPower3

Name: MTurboPower3
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Dont have a car yet
No the point I was trying to make, is that the kids that shot up the schools, had problems and if they were just listened to I guarntee that columbine,Vtech,and now the school in Illinois would've never happened.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #32
253325is

Name: 253325is
Title: Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1987 325is
personaly i think it's this generation we're living in is just too fucked up to fix. fixing the crime rate in the us is close to impossible with the people that live in it. everyone thinks so differently these days that no matter what laws pass in the future it wont stop people from being stupid. theres always going to be death and global warming and taxes up the ass till the world ends. it's sad that it comes down to children being shot but it's always going to happen when one teen never got allowance as a kid and his classmates did so he decides to kill them and himself thinking "oh life sucks". stupid shit like that. it just goes round and round in a big circle. it's really no ONEs fault.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #33
iamcreepingdeath

Name: iamcreepingdeath
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1995 325i
right. no one person is to blame. you can't really blame one thing or another. and the problem these days is everyone is more self-centered that people of the past
Old 02-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #34
Exilion

Name: Exilion
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1991 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTurboPower3 View Post
Why would take away llegally registeres guns, if you can register a gun that means that you are not crazy and you won't do anything like shoot up a school. I don't think the government can do anything about guns. All of those illegal guns are doing good, because most of the people that have them are gangsters, drug dealers and they are killing other gangsters and drug dealers, so the crime rate will go down soon. But you can't take murder away totally. people will find other ways to kill each other. That dude that shot up the school,the kids at columbine, and the dude at virgina tech, were crazy were not treated by the schools and colleges. I was watch the news and they said that the guy from virginia tech went to the guidance department to work out his problems, but they turned him away because they were busy, so he got pushed to the limit and went crazy and decided to shoot up the school. All of the school shootings were caused by helping the people with the problems. We shouldn't ban guns. We should just listen to peoples problems when they are sharing them, that's it. If that happened then none of this bullshit would ever happen.
+1. Also if more time was spent looking into the person before accepting them into college might help. Perhaps not admitting people simply because they can easily afford to attend the college isnt the best idea. Also a better support center would help. Yes you can't stop crazy people from being crazy but maybe we could do a better job at identifying them and possibly helping them. And if you want to get people to stop freaking out over not getting allowance just throw them into the military (or a foreign country) for a few years. They'll realize that little things aren't that important. I don't know but I honestly don't know how allot of my classmates from high school are going to survive after their parent's no longer support them.

Anyway yes making guns illegal doesn't change anything and every one going to school armed doesn't help either. Maybe some emergency drills would help and quite possibly less news coverage of it. Hell if I was crazy I knew that every major news network would put my story on tv I'd probably do it (not crazy so don't worry). Anyway point is many factors and its so rare that it's not cost effective to address it.

BMW's are made by god... kinda
Old 02-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #35
iamcreepingdeath

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilion View Post
+1. Also if more time was spent looking into the person before accepting them into college might help. Perhaps not admitting people simply because they can easily afford to attend the college isnt the best idea. Also a better support center would help. Yes you can't stop crazy people from being crazy but maybe we could do a better job at identifying them and possibly helping them. And if you want to get people to stop freaking out over not getting allowance just throw them into the military (or a foreign country) for a few years. They'll realize that little things aren't that important. I don't know but I honestly don't know how allot of my classmates from high school are going to survive after their parent's no longer support them.

Anyway yes making guns illegal doesn't change anything and every one going to school armed doesn't help either. Maybe some emergency drills would help and quite possibly less news coverage of it. Hell if I was crazy I knew that every major news network would put my story on tv I'd probably do it (not crazy so don't worry). Anyway point is many factors and its so rare that it's not cost effective to address it.
most kids who shoot up colleges do not attend that college. The guy in Illinois did not go to college there, he graduated allready, and the guy that shot up the amish school didn't ever go there either. colleges are just great targets.

It does happen rarely, but it's frequency is drastically increasing.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #36
Exilion

Click here to set it up.
Yep hence the second paragraph :P

Old 02-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #37
iamcreepingdeath

Click here to set it up.
crazy stuff, man
Old 02-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #38
pswirley

Name: pswirley
Rate My Car: 222 / 340
Your Ride: 93 325i
If I would have been in the lecture hall that day, story would have read like this.

Man walks in to lecture hall with guns pointed at students, Pswirley a combat veteran, identified him and shot him in the face. One dead at the scene.

I understand that his daddy didnt hug him enough and all of the crap that people are saying to defend why a criminal would do a criminal act. My dad always told me if you wanna point gun at someone, you better be ready to see their eyes as they die, or expect to get shot. I would have taught the shooter lesson two the hard way.

Last edited by pswirley; 02-19-2008 at 03:41 PM..
Old 02-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #39
iamcreepingdeath

Click here to set it up.
ha ha ha true that man!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #40
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
for once I really have to agree with MTP
Old 02-19-2008, 06:53 PM   #41
Exilion

Click here to set it up.
Yep but knowing the crazy shit nowadays the crazy persons family would probably sue you. An example of this stupid crap, we cannot force a stowaway off a ship, the person must either leave by their own free will or wait for the proper authorities to remove them (ie. coast guard). If we remove them and they get hurt the company can be sued by the stowaway, and sadly dumping them off in the middle of the ocean doesnt work either because someone always knows they boarded the ship. WTF is this, it is the same as the crap where you cant shoot a guy with a gun trespassing on your own property (in some states it's allowed as long as he's facing you). We're making life to easy on criminals.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:59 PM   #42
pswirley

Judged by 12 before carried by 6. Its not that we are making it easy for criminals, and I will say that I dont believe in going around being a vigilante and bringing back the days of the Wild West.

I just think that people are pussies and overthink the consequences of their own actions. The media and television has sissyfied us to the point that we have no self preservation instincts. Instead we are left to fend for our lives hiding under a bench or a desk pondering the tramatic childhood of this poor man with a shotgun taking shots at us and hoping that we get away. But, if he survives will he sue us for ruining his plan.

Last edited by pswirley; 02-19-2008 at 07:01 PM..
Old 02-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #43
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
I fully agree with this, I have in my mind no need to own a gun and I don't want to but it is my right should this ever change and I do feel it is a necessary right, I also find any gun owner that I know to be very careful and respectful of their gun (as they should be), these people and other people who want them for self protection in such a situation, its all the wacos out there that frighten me. It is a shame that in a situation like these school shootings that people haven't been there with a firearm to stop it before it gets out of hand. For those of you who serve or have served or are the outstanding gun owners
Old 02-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #44
iamcreepingdeath

Click here to set it up.
amen to that Nick!!

i am a gun owner
Old 02-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #45
pswirley

Do I even need to acknowledge what Nick posted. Thanks Nick. Much appreciated.

I am active duty and have guns.