Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
mullethunter3

Name: mullethunter3
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 156 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
Angry Warning: Bavarian Auto Recycling - Do not buy from!

Okay, so as some of you may remember from about a month ago, I was in desperate need of a door latch so I could close my door for once. Anyway, I went to Bavarian Auto Recycling because I've never heard anything but good things about them. I was sorrowfully wrong. Here's a breakdown of how it went (and it still going).

December 30, 2007 - Door latch quits on me
January 7th, 2008 - Order a door latch and fuel pump relay ($55 for latch and $5 for the relay. Good prices, but totally not worth it now.)
January 17, 2008 - Call Bavarian wondering when I was going to get my parts, I kind of need a passenger door. They tell me it will ship out tomorrow and I'll have it within the next few days. Great. Wrong.
January 23, 2008 - Call again, wondering where my stuff is. George assures me that he will 'personally' take care of it with the general manager. I'm happy, maybe I'll get my latch sometime this year.
January 24, 2008 - I call to make sure George is doing what he said he was going to do. Jeremy cannot seem to find my paperwork and goes to check on it. He tells me it is in shipping and will be second day aired to my house. Great.
January 31, 2008 - No parts, call again. George answers and tells me that he took care of it and it will be here by the 5th of February.
February 5, 2008 - George lied. I call him up, I'm calm, but I'm not happy. He apologizes and asks me what I want him to do about it. I respond with, "Well, George, I'd just like for you to do what you say you are going to do." And hang up.
February 7, 2008 - Call AGAIN. Finally get a tracking number for my parts. Should be here by February 12th.

Okay, so for those of you who are counting... that's a month and 5 days since I've ordered the part and a month and 13 days that I've been without a passenger door. I've been having my friends 'Dukes of Hazard' it out of my door. Some enjoy it, but for me, it's embarrassing.

In short, if you need anything remotely important for your car and need it in any set amount of time, I would highly recommend against Bavarian Auto Recycling.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
There's just no excuse for that
Old 02-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
mzbmw325i

Name: mzbmw325i
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1991 325i; 1988 325is
couldn't you get those parts else where, did you try euro depot in the east coast?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
theSMELSINATOR

Name: theSMELSINATOR
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1990 325iX
Oooo, reminds me of similar experiences I had with my euro plate. Took the company 6 whole months. Incompetent customer service people drive me crazy.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
gldfshkpr

Name: gldfshkpr
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '97 318i M44 - Sedan
Note to self:
If I'm ever in Saint Louis, steer clear of Bavarian Auto Recycling. Got it.

Edit: Oops! They're online. Thank you double for the warning!
Double Edit: They're like an hour and a half drive away from me.

Hang up and drive.

Last edited by gldfshkpr; 02-08-2008 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: additional comment
Old 02-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #6
Exilion

Name: Exilion
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1991 325i
Thanks for the warning. I hate when companies pull that crap.

BMW's are made by god... kinda
Old 02-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
johnnybayonne

Name: johnnybayonne
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 254 / 340
Your Ride: 1997 328i
Sorry! that happen to you Amanda! "Junkyards" That reminds me of a character from a 80's movie called "Christine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbHKd...eature=related
Famous quote, from: The Movie "Christine"!
QUOTE: Shut your pie hole kid or your not getting any parts from my junk pile!!!![/QUOTE]

Quote:
January 31, 2008 - No parts, call again. George answers and tells me that he took care of it and it will be here by the 5th of February.
February 5, 2008 - George lied. I call him up, I'm calm, but I'm not happy. He apologizes and asks me what I want him to do about it. I respond with, "Well, George, I'd just like for you to do what you say you are going to do." And hang up.
George
Will Darnell:junkie.jpg QUOTE: And I'm gonna tell you something else right now. I don't take any shit from you kids. This place is for working stiffs gotta keep their cars running so they can keep bread on the table, it's not for rich-assed, snot-nose kids who wanna go dragging around on the Orange Belt. I don't allow no smoking in here, neither! You wanna' butt, you go out in the junkyard![/QUOTE

Last edited by johnnybayonne; 02-09-2008 at 06:12 PM..
Old 02-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #8
94bmw325i

Name: 94bmw325i
Title: Hellrot325
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 bmw 325i, 97 vw golf
I've heard a few bad things recently about bavarian auto recycling. A few posts on bfc in the vendors section.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #9
mullethunter3

Name: mullethunter3
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 156 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
UPDATE: The tards sent the freaking package to my house in St Louis, not my house at college. What the holy hell is wrong with them???

Gaaggghhhh!!!! adjklsdfajkllllsdfajkl I HATE THEM SO FREAKING MUCH!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #10
JBM BMW E36

Name: JBM BMW E36
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1993 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullethunter3 View Post
UPDATE: The tards sent the freaking package to my house in St Louis, not my house at college. What the holy hell is wrong with them???

Gaaggghhhh!!!! adjklsdfajkllllsdfajkl I HATE THEM SO FREAKING MUCH!!!!
Wow! You think after the first month or so they would at least have the shipping information right!!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:55 AM   #11
JetBlack328i

Name: JetBlack328i
Rate My Car: 69 / 340
Your Ride: 96 328i
this is not the first time I have heard of them pulling this crap!!! I wanted to get some items from there but chose against it once I read about the crappy service.