Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > X Series (X3, X5,X6)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

X Series (X3, X5,X6) General discussion and technical help for all year X series SUVs.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
Smile X3 owner for a day

Hehe! Well, I got to drive an X3 for a day. My mom's car was getting a recall done and they gave me a 2005 X3 3.0 as a loaner for a day (yes free of charge). It's a pretty nice car, I loved the split moonroof, drives pretty smooth, kinda quick for an suv. It turned out well that i had an SUV bcs today at work we had to go to a few auctions (semi-professional) aka middle ot nowhere... so yeah, anyone who likes small SUV x3's are pretty decent

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:37 PM   #2
craig

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooz
aka middle of nowhere...
so you were at my house? lol.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:01 PM   #3
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Dude! Your so lucky! I have wanted a chance for an X3 for a day since the first time I saw one!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:00 PM   #4
528man

Name: 528man
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
awesome, kinda hope i get a recall to get a loaner. hehe
Old 06-15-2005, 08:56 PM   #5
Rooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 528man
awesome, kinda hope i get a recall to get a loaner. hehe
lol, u probably do, call and get your vin checked

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:43 AM   #6
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Uhhhhh I don't think X3s are anything special. I only like the X3s with 3.0 engines with the Cold Weather package (well all packages)...and the upgraded temperature climate control....and Xenons.

Otherwise, IMO...it wouldn't be worth it.

I'm much more of an X5 fan...even the 3.0 that the X3 has....would be better.

Anywho
Old 06-17-2005, 09:10 AM   #7
528man

Name: 528man
Click here to set it up.
"you never know what your gonna get"
Old 06-28-2005, 01:24 AM   #8
ChrisWorrell

Name: ChrisWorrell
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2004 330i
i do not like x3s that much, they feel very weak, especially the handles on the inside. The split roof thing is amazingly cool though. But other than that I was incredible dissapointed with the x3
Old 06-28-2005, 05:39 PM   #9
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
yeah, well im disappointed with the expedition! lol jk i actually like ford trucks/suvs(i hate the explorer and anything smaller)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 06-28-2005, 08:27 PM   #10
Antiburn

Name: Antiburn
Rate My Car: 193 / 340
Your Ride: 92 525, 88 325 hardtop'ed vert and 83 320iS
The x3 IMO is the worst handeling BMW made. The acceleration is horribly slow, 8 secs for the 3.0 or soemthing like that. THe cornering is unbelivably bad, you feel like your gona roll. There very simple and not to BMW standards, but the price tells you its a BMW. We hardly ever get any in at work. I guess thats one of the plus's of them. Not many break down and/or have big problems.

Now the X5's I think are total junk. There in every day for rattle noises and other things that have broken on them. The 4.4 and 4.6's arnt bad in a straight line but dont think your gona be taking any corners fast anytime. BTW I drove my first 4.8 today. The pluses is the engine/ exaust noise. Best sound comming out of any BMW, including the M's. The straight line run is very nice with the 4.8. The corner is better then the 4.4 and 4.6, but thats is you have the adjustable suspension at its lowest point. Also anotehr nice feature but sorta pointless. Adjustable suspension, you can make it ride high like a regulaor X5 or drop it down and make it look like the AC Schnit X5. Orocurse if you have the right inside package it looks good but its still the same as all the other X5's.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:04 PM   #11
Rooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiburn
The x3 IMO is the worst handeling BMW made. The acceleration is horribly slow, 8 secs for the 3.0 or soemthing like that. THe cornering is unbelivably bad, you feel like your gona roll. There very simple and not to BMW standards, but the price tells you its a BMW. We hardly ever get any in at work. I guess thats one of the plus's of them. Not many break down and/or have big problems.

Now the X5's I think are total junk. There in every day for rattle noises and other things that have broken on them. The 4.4 and 4.6's arnt bad in a straight line but dont think your gona be taking any corners fast anytime. BTW I drove my first 4.8 today. The pluses is the engine/ exaust noise. Best sound comming out of any BMW, including the M's. The straight line run is very nice with the 4.8. The corner is better then the 4.4 and 4.6, but thats is you have the adjustable suspension at its lowest point. Also anotehr nice feature but sorta pointless. Adjustable suspension, you can make it ride high like a regulaor X5 or drop it down and make it look like the AC Schnit X5. Orocurse if you have the right inside package it looks good but its still the same as all the other X5's.

Do you know that the X5 was declared the safest vehicle of it's time when it came out?

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
Old 06-30-2005, 08:57 PM   #12
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiburn

I guess you aren't a big SUV fan. Geeze , you're hard to make happy.

BMW X5s are one of the top picks for SUVs for me. Right below Porsche Cayenne Turbo, and the Cadillac Escalade and Yukon Denali (with the Corvette engine, 6.0) I love the X5s over the X3s anyday. Yeah the 4.8 is awesome!

Anywho
Old 02-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #13
needforspeed

Name: needforspeed
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2004 X3 2.5i
Wow! This is a rough crowd. My X3 2.5i is my pride and joy. I've never driven anything even close to it. Of course, after driving a Chevy Silverado for 6 years, I suppose my standards were a little low. I'm very impressed with the BMW product line and I'll stick with their cars just as long as I can afford them.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #14
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
the X3 is friggin small on the inside
when our dealership had a loaded one (even BMW Individual leather and paint) I went by to see it
when I sat in it I thought " is this even smaller than my car?!?"

also I hate the looks... I'd never buy one