Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 01-27-2008, 10:25 AM   #16
Exilion

Name: Exilion
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1991 325i
Awesome welcome back sailor ! At least be glad you don't have a gov issued laptop... we have no admin rights and have to go down to DoIT every time we want to change something. I can't even send excel 2007 spreadsheets Anyway how do you like Charleston?

BMW's are made by god... kinda
Old 01-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #17
Exilion

Click here to set it up.
Oh hey what do you think of the new NWU's? http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=22519

Old 01-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #18
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
I'm a sub vol, and hoping to end up on an Ssn or one of the new SSGN's (with the nifty SEAL delivery platforms) so it'll be our job to make sure the commies don't get the chance to fire on a CVN.

The working uniforms.... The cammies to replace utilities, love it. But the new working uniform (that's the one that looks like a cheap knockoff of marine corps Charlie's) to replace my winter blues and summer whites sucks. They look like crap, and the johnny cash's look so badass I don't want them to go away. Also the navy has a strong tradition of khaki being associated with leadership, and the new uniform undermines that. Oh, and if you don't look shit hot in winter blues a garrison cap and your peacoat,...... Then god hates you. Seriously! Navy winter blues with a garrison cap is one of the sharpest lookng military uniforms in the world and I hate to see it go cause the weaklings in Intel think their seabags are too heavy..... Pussies. (if you didn't know, the new working uniform is being implemented to reduce the number of uniforms in the seabag.) (and the cammies are called the task force uniform not the working uniform.
Charleston is good. It'll be a whole lot better here in a month when I'm authorized civillian clothes and the ability to drive.

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.

Last edited by Chris; 01-27-2008 at 08:47 PM..
Old 01-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #19
Exilion

Click here to set it up.
Actually correct me if I'm wrong but what happened is officers wear khakis all year round and only the enlisted get the new working uniform. It's just the task force uniform that is all ranks.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #20
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
You are correct but I'm enlisted so it sucks. Applying to usna in sept and I should have a pretty strong package so with any luck I'll be a midshipman by next June.

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #21
Exilion

Click here to set it up.
Yeah I there is occasionally a midshipman here that will do that. Actually have you ever considered the US Merchant Marine Academy? I'd suggest applying to it while you apply to the USNA because most people are guaranteed to get in. You graduate as a naval officer just like the USNA but you can also go into any other military branch if you wanted. Or you could do what most people do and just sail in the merchant fleet for a few years and just drill in the reserves. The cool thing about the Merchant Marine, MSC ships is that you stay in either deck or engine department. I gotta admit it's not as "badass" as the USNA but you have an insane amount of options when you graduate plus a year at sea in the merchant fleet while you're here (not that you haven't sailed or anything). Anyway just something to consider if for some reason you don't go to the USNA. Not trying to push it or anything... Oh yeah I forgot to say it's in Long Island and you're about 30 min away from Manhattan.

Last edited by Exilion; 01-30-2008 at 05:18 PM..
Old 01-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #22
celsdogg

Name: celsdogg
Title: never gonna happen
Rate My Car: 131 / 340
Your Ride: BMW E30, Subaru BE, Cannondale M400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You are correct but I'm enlisted so it sucks. Applying to usna in sept and I should have a pretty strong package so with any luck I'll be a midshipman by next June.
good luck, i hope you get in. My brother in law graduated from annapolis a few years back, and now he is a wso.