Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
craig
 
craig's Avatar

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: tribune kansas
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
my bug! (exhaust video)

my brakes stopped working so no driving videos untill i get it fixed.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7R_BPPN6UU

my dad drove it the other day. hes scared of it. lol. he said it has too much power for a bug.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #2
craig
 
craig's Avatar

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: tribune kansas
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
no comments?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #3
Numark318i
 
Numark318i's Avatar

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
lol forgot to take it out of gear i see.

hah sounds sick.

Engine from a 914 right? Bore that shit out some more. make it a 2.3 ltr.
__________________
We all get the urge...Saturday early morning...nothing to do till noon... BMW FTW

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #4
craig
 
craig's Avatar

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: tribune kansas
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numark318i View Post
lol forgot to take it out of gear i see.

hah sounds sick.

Engine from a 914 right? Bore that shit out some more. make it a 2.3 ltr.
hehe. yeah. i was assuming it was in neutral and it obviously wasnt. and i dont have the money to bore it out or anything like that at the moment. i was just planning on doing a cam and duel carb kit which should give me an extra 30-40HP(im guessing) and that would be MORE then enough power for that little thing. it does wheelies and involuntarily goes sideways in second gear with the 100HP it already has. id probably shit my pants every time i drive it if i gave it too much power. things a freakin monster.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:06 AM   #5
Numark318i
 
Numark318i's Avatar

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
this guy we are working for restored a 914. Bored it out to 2.3. Pushes like 120hp i believe to the rear wheels on a dyno. He says its more then enough to scare him.

heh cant imagine that in a bug.
__________________
We all get the urge...Saturday early morning...nothing to do till noon... BMW FTW

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:33 AM   #6
craig
 
craig's Avatar

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: tribune kansas
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numark318i View Post
this guy we are working for restored a 914. Bored it out to 2.3. Pushes like 120hp i believe to the rear wheels on a dyno. He says its more then enough to scare him.

heh cant imagine that in a bug.
yeah. it kinda scares me as it is. like i said, my dad stepped on the gas hard once and he told me he almost shit himself. i noticed on the engine, they put some bolts on the bottom of it so when it does a wheelie, the bolts would hit the ground instead of the engine. it looks like its seen alot of wheelies too cause the bolts are all bent and almost completely gone(some serious wheelie grindage). but the thing that still surprises me the most about this bug is that i drove it 215 miles with no problems, and i only used about $40 in gas when i brought it home. theres no way in HELL my truck could have done that. it would have blown up, and if it didnt, it would have cost me about $300 in gas. i think i made a pretty wise choice about selling the truck.

Last edited by craig; 12-25-2007 at 02:34 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:14 AM   #7
Numark318i
 
Numark318i's Avatar

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
yeah. it kinda scares me as it is. like i said, my dad stepped on the gas hard once and he told me he almost shit himself. i noticed on the engine, they put some bolts on the bottom of it so when it does a wheelie, the bolts would hit the ground instead of the engine. it looks like its seen alot of wheelies too cause the bolts are all bent and almost completely gone(some serious wheelie grindage). but the thing that still surprises me the most about this bug is that i drove it 215 miles with no problems, and i only used about $40 in gas when i brought it home. theres no way in HELL my truck could have done that. it would have blown up, and if it didnt, it would have cost me about $300 in gas. i think i made a pretty wise choice about selling the truck.
yea for sure.

better mpg ftw. specially with these prices.

time to replace those bolts and do some wheelies of your own.

just a thought, seeing how u have a trunk in the front you should throw a small subb in there for shits and giggles. less likely to do wheelies that way.
__________________
We all get the urge...Saturday early morning...nothing to do till noon... BMW FTW

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:41 AM   #8
craig
 
craig's Avatar

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: tribune kansas
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numark318i View Post
yea for sure.

better mpg ftw. specially with these prices.

time to replace those bolts and do some wheelies of your own.

just a thought, seeing how u have a trunk in the front you should throw a small subb in there for shits and giggles. less likely to do wheelies that way.
nnnaahhh, subs are goin in the back seat so wheelies are easier its funny watching peoples face when they start laughing at the bug, and then i pop a huge wheelie. its usualy a combination of WTF, holly shit, OH MY GOD, and then they usualy grab someone els and point at my bug saying "look at that! what the hell kind of bug is that fast!" its funny.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
witeshark
 
witeshark's Avatar

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami FL
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
I wanna see this car. Looks like a lot of fun!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #10
denyo77
 
denyo77's Avatar

Name: denyo77
Title: Suspended License
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Germany
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
do you know about the Porsche 914-6 or 916 types?
The 916 was basically the 914 with the engine from the 911 in it,
and the 914-6 is I think a 6-cyl 2.0 with standard 110 hp
there were also 2 Porsche 914-8 with 8 cylinders delivering 300 hp
those must have been awesome!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #11
craig
 
craig's Avatar

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: tribune kansas
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denyo77 View Post
do you know about the Porsche 914-6 or 916 types?
The 916 was basically the 914 with the engine from the 911 in it,
and the 914-6 is I think a 6-cyl 2.0 with standard 110 hp
there were also 2 Porsche 914-8 with 8 cylinders delivering 300 hp
those must have been awesome!
yeah i was hoping it was the 914-6 motor, but it wasnt. and i didnt know they made a 914-8, that thing must have been insane.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bug vs Bike :THE FASTEST VW BUG I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! VenomRS4 Kill Stories 23 01-29-2010 10:06 AM
a better exhaust video. wooo craig Video and other Multimedia 10 11-02-2007 07:41 AM
Rogue Engineering Ikon exhaust Rooz Video and other Multimedia 1 01-24-2007 03:25 PM
I Pulled the trigger + Vid! Rooz E46 13 01-23-2007 04:32 PM
For Sale: Active Autowerke Gen. III Exhaust E46 M3 His ///M-inence Bmw Cars For Sale/Wanted 1 12-21-2006 04:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

A vBSkinworks Design

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2005-2013 UnitedBimmer.com