Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Inverted Rant

Instead of giving you my scenario of the experience I had w/ the DUMB-FUCKSat Home Depot today - I thought I would pass on something of value to all of you younger guys (& babes) of UB

Whenever you're doing a job, whether you like it or not (sometimes it's out of necessity) Let your actions speak louder than your words. If they expect 90% give them 110%. (I can hear you "FUCK THAT!) Trust me, the more you get in the habit of giving it your best shot, the further along you'll get in your careers, $$$ and away from being surrounded by morons. You'll be sought after by more positive folks willing to pay you more $$$ for the value of your efforts. End of rant.

Let the flaming begin - I DO own a fire-suit...
Old 07-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
Old 07-16-2007, 01:31 PM   #3
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
you know, i figured thats how it was, but at my first job(back when i was 16), right when i started working i definitely gave 110% , i worked really hard(and fast), showed up constantly when not scheduled to make up for others calling off, even went out of my job category for the company and got no appreciation for it, instead the people who did get the appreciation were the snitches who would move up the ladder by stepping on people's heads, i dont know if this is everywhere or if my boss was just an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 07-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
c1apton

I hear that, yes there are alot of dumb bosses out there also, but just use that job or position until you can move on to something else. There's a ton of variables but concentrate on doing your immediate job/task well, if anything for your own personal satisfaction/sanity.

After you leave then they'll be kicking themselves (not always outloud) but they'll regret that they didn't appreciate the efforts.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
yup, that's true, but generally xsperf is quite right saying the people who move up the fastest are the ones who are snithces.
In the end, you both are right: To be really successful, you have to give 110% WHILE still being a bit selfish and not worrying about "killing" others to get on wth your career as long as it doesn't violate your personal ethical standarts...
if you find the right mix, you will most probably succeed...
Old 07-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
CAPiTUL

Name: CAPiTUL
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 98 328i
Hmmmmm, I'm going to disagree only slightly. I think its best to give them enough to keep them satisfied, but wanting more. Kind of like dating. At least at first, I'd say.

You know what is sad about this thread, is that home depot used to have pretty knowledgable staff.
When I was a kid, we had the Atari 2600 with games like Space Invaders and Asteroids! There were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! .... Just like LIFE!

http://www.aftermarketcity.net/forum/
The BEST online directory for your car needs!

ユナイテドビーマーはいいですよ!
Old 07-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #7
c1apton

that's one of the reasons I didn't rant on about Home Depot, I like those guys! But todays debacle was a one time instance which was resolved w/ a call to Home Depot Corporate. It was sad it came to that point, but the local stores' mgr was more worried about his training of staff vs taking care of a customer.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #8
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
My dad always told me if a job is worth doing do it well, I really take that to heart in my everyday work and work my butt off to make people happy, because if they are happy i'm going to be happy about the quality of the work and the reflection it makes on me.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #9
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
Hard working people built the Hoover Dam for $2 a day. Today, you can pay people as much as you want, but all they do is bitch, bitch, bitch.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky
Hard working people built the Hoover Dam for $2 a day. Today, you can pay people as much as you want, but all they do is bitch, bitch, bitch.

My dads a contractor, I spend more tim in Home Depot then most people do. same with Lowes.

Home Depot's staff is pretty knowledgable, lowes is not as good but not bad. Now what pisses me off is i can never find em..they are always hiding from me.

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 AM   #11
c1apton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky
Yea but the "bitch people" are the ones you want to avoid, they're the ones left behind and they haven't figured out why their lives suck so much. Most these "bitch people" are the deadbeats who feel the world owes them a job, they don't get promoted they get by passed, they create negative atmospheres, they feel they're underpaid and over worked and have nothing better to do but bitch.
The good folks are the ones that can identify a good job from a bad one and don't bitch they LEAVE and move on to better work w/ better pay and continue to produce results. IE: This is the first time in years I'm not looking to/ or need to replace anyone - yet I came home to 5000 resumes of people who want to work for us.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:13 AM   #12
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
Please explain the physics of an inverted rant
Old 07-31-2007, 01:46 PM   #13
Torque

Name: Torque
Title: Lawl.
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '00 Impreza
It's like a inverted asshole, but a lot better.