Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > 7 Series (E23, E32, E38, E65, E66)
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

7 Series (E23, E32, E38, E65, E66) General discussion and technical help for all year 7 series cars.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Xerz

Name: Xerz
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 740iL
Smile Hello and...

Just wanted to say hello since I'm a new member and a proud new BMW 740iL owner. I just took delivery yesterday on my previously owned 2001 740iL. The 740iL has always been a dream car of mine and I've been waiting for about the past 3 years for the 2000/2001 models to depreciate to more affordable levels.

She's Cosmos Black Pearl Metallic Clear Coat (303), sand leather interior and 57K total miles. She originated out of the Houston area of Texas and now resides in Arkansas with me. The dream has been made a reality for us (GF and I).

I've lurked this board for a couple of months and posted only a couple of times, but now it's official, the Bimmer is in the garage. I've found several different sites and there's some great information out there on these cars. This site's membership, contributors and moderators/facilitators should be proud that they are such a GREAT source of information.

Now can anyone tell me where to get the little caps for the very tops of the door locks, I'm missing one and it's driving me crazy!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #2
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Congratz! Great car and welcome
Old 06-24-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
stevo

Name: stevo
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 318se Touring
wecome xerz , enjoy ub.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
welcome
I joined here about a month ago and I already love this community...
finally some place you can go ask for answers of life's difficult questions
Old 06-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #5
mullethunter3

Name: mullethunter3
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 156 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
Welcome and congratulations!

As for the door lock cap, you'll have to call Bavarian Autosport. Their number is 800.535.2002 ext. 5 for BMW sales and service. I cannot find the part on the Pelican Parts 2001 740iL Page.

So I think your best bet will be to call BavAuto. They claim to have every part for every car. And in some cases, a special order part from the dealer or from other places will not be a special order part there.

Best of luck with your new BMW!
Old 06-25-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
Bella_Sicilia

Name: Bella_Sicilia
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 00' 528i
welcome and congratulations on your 7, my parents have one and are completly in love with it...it's a beautiful car

Old 06-25-2007, 11:52 AM   #7
Xerz

Name: Xerz
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 740iL
Thanks for all the information Mullet. I just called BavAuto like you said and it's shipping today. It's one of those little detail items that is obvious anytime you get into the vehicle and when you have passengers they notice as well. I guess OCD is just a built in condition of the BMW owner/enthusiast.

I'm loving the car so far and will have to post some pics once I get her all detailed out. Right now doing the little rat killing detail stuff that the dealer said he'd pay for to have done. Taking it to get the rear passenger side window fixed later today. I'm sure it's the regulator, but hey it's the wholesaler's bill - not mine.

Going to have a detail session from Hell next weekend and will try to post some pics after it's over. She's resting for now in the garage.