Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:07 AM   #1
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Introducing....

With the amount of basic info posted here in UB, there's an abundance of info available - but some folks INSIST on asking dumb questions or don't use the search feature, they're just to lazy to look. Well introducing today I'm going to start a "Bonehead Award" - sorry but it's got to be done. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem helping folks out but when someone gets "hypo-CAR-diac" or says he can't find it and the majority of us know it's here - the bonehead award is coming - no warning just "BLAM" - considerations will be given to newbies but some folks only drop in to ask us when their laziness over-rules their sense of using google and our own search features. I'm just posting this to notify members who've been extremely tolerent.
I have only 1 prejudice - I HATE STUPID LAZY PEOPLE!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
heh i kno how u feel.

although sometimes i might be that guy.

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 02-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
scrichy84

Name: scrichy84
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1995 325i (Sold), 2004 Tacoma (Sold), 2006 Jetta TDI, 2007 Rabbit
I think it is a great idea! I wonder if there is wany good animations out there to accompany the award.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
c1apton

ah, it's not the regular folks who contribute or ask the questions, it's the guys who've been members for a long time but have like 8-12 posts and there all just "help me posts" some don't even reply w/ a thank you or did that answer your problem reply... Then there are some that are PURE Lazy - 95% of this forum is good folks and and contribute pics, laughs, situations, experiences, etc - then there's that 5% "help me my headlamp is out what's wrong???" I don't want to be rude, but c'mon please at least make an effort - this is one of the similar reasons dealerships "cop an attitude" - some people want a free diagnosis, then pay the ignorant grunt down the street to install it after they buy an inferior part off ebay. And they wonder why they end up having it done twice or it leads them down some twisted adventure of problems.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
My windshield washer jets are not working. I think it may actually be the pump. Could somebody please take pics of your setup, mail me a Bentley manual, and also tell what kind of oil I should use? And is synthetic good or bad on these cars? Also, what is the difference between a 328i and an 328is -- horsepower? How do I know if my car is E36 or E46, etc?

I have read stuff like that far too often. I am an avid fan of the bonehead award.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
c1apton

I'm getting a "twitch" already - no sooner did I write this thread when a new post "haven't been around lately - HELP" - I can't wait until virtual reality computers are available (augmented reality) - then I can reach through the screen and slap some of these clowns.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #7
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
My windshield washer jets are not working. I think it may actually be the pump. Could somebody please take pics of your setup, mail me a Bentley manual, and also tell what kind of oil I should use? And is synthetic good or bad on these cars? Also, what is the difference between a 328i and an 328is -- horsepower? How do I know if my car is E36 or E46, etc?
At least this is readable. What I really can't stand are the run-on sentences with no punctuation marks.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
c1apton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky
At least this is readable. What I really can't stand are the run-on sentences with no punctuation marks.
What about the "Sherlock Holmes" effect? Where they ask questions without giving you year, model, stick/auto - and their member info offers no help either... are we suppose to know automatically?
I do give most the benefit of the doubt because they're "youngsters",
college kids w/more than a priority on important things like babes, school etc,,, but c'mon folks
Maybe we can get Harry to start a "HELP" thread/section where they HAVE to enter the pertinents - model, prod date, when does problem happen hot/cold - morning, winter, stick, auto - at least then we have a fighting chance + the lazy FFFs won't go through all of that - they're too lazy to use google.

What do you think"witey"? (I can almost feel you reading this over my shoulder...lol)

Last edited by c1apton; 02-20-2007 at 08:22 PM..
Old 02-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #9
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Bonehead award for the win (yes I spelled it out).

C1 - I think having people to enter all of that stuff in a Help Section or whatnot would be a great idea and hopefully help anyone who is trying to help others figure out the problem. However, I think that even if you do that and make some stickies saying you need to you will still have boneheads just trucking away without info anyway. Now if you could make it special and have a bunch of extra required fields for just the help section to start a thread that would be sweet.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
Maybe we can get Harry to start a "HELP" thread/section where they HAVE to enter the pertinents - model, prod date, when does problem happen hot/cold - morning, winter, stick, auto - at least then we have a fighting chance.
Sending e-mail on this idea. Well worth looking into