Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > Z Series (Z3, Z4, Z8)
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Z Series (Z3, Z4, Z8) General discussion and technical help for all year Z series cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
E85DRIVER

Name: E85DRIVER
Title: United Newb
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2003 Z4 2.5
Talking Hey everybody New here.

Hello everybody , Well I have some questions on my Z4, so maybe you guys can help me. Thanx and this place looks great.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
witeshark
 
witeshark's Avatar

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami FL
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Welcome to the forums. Ask away!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
nick_318is
 
nick_318is's Avatar

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Detroit, MI, I Heart E30s
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Welcome, Its a pretty nice place, stick around and post some pics of your ride. And ask all the questions you want we will try to be helpful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
E85DRIVER

Name: E85DRIVER
Title: United Newb
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2003 Z4 2.5
Talking Thanx.

Thanks. I was wondering what would be a good exhaust and intake for my car. Its a 2003 Z4 2.5. Any info will help

Last edited by E85DRIVER; 01-10-2007 at 07:53 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #5
RSF5
 
RSF5's Avatar

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Status: Offline
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
Hullo
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
bimmerZ5
 
bimmerZ5's Avatar

Name: bimmerZ5
Title: Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, California
Rate My Car: 27 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 BMW 530i, 2001 BMW Z3 3.0i, 1995 Toyota Previa S/C
on the intake side, I would say just save up for an ESS Tuning twinscrew supercharger. It costs a lot more, but there will be absolutely no doubt you gained power. With the intake systems, the power gains are so subtle that you might be dissappointed.

on the exhaust side, it sort of depends on what you want to spend and how much louder you want or can tolerate. i good compromise i think are the offerings from Supersprint. They are not the cheapest, but they are 100% stainless and good quality fit. At idle, they sound deeper and remain about the same sound between 2-3K RPM.. and if you kick it up over 4K RPM you'll hear an awesome sound. If you want to get really loud, but don't want to spend much, goto a muffler shop that carries Magnaflow. Find a generic Magnaflow that will fit your car and have them custom build pipes and hangers for it. This will be very cheap and if you don't mind the loudness it is great bang for the buck. Some folks have removed their Magnaflows because they later felt it was too loud or it attracted attention they didn't want.

I'm a newbie here too, but welcome!!

Last edited by bimmerZ5; 01-10-2007 at 09:15 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
CAPiTUL
 
CAPiTUL's Avatar

Name: CAPiTUL
Title: Senior Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sunny Florida, USA
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 98 328i
__________________
When I was a kid, we had the Atari 2600 with games like Space Invaders and Asteroids! There were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! .... Just like LIFE!

http://www.aftermarketcity.net/forum/
The BEST online directory for your car needs!

ユナイテドビーマーはいいですよ!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #8
94bmw325i
 
94bmw325i's Avatar

Name: 94bmw325i
Title: Hellrot325
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newark, Delaware
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 bmw 325i, 97 vw golf
welcome!
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #9
E85DRIVER

Name: E85DRIVER
Title: United Newb
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2003 Z4 2.5
Talking Thanx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerZ5
on the intake side, I would say just save up for an ESS Tuning twinscrew supercharger. It costs a lot more, but there will be absolutely no doubt you gained power. With the intake systems, the power gains are so subtle that you might be dissappointed.

on the exhaust side, it sort of depends on what you want to spend and how much louder you want or can tolerate. i good compromise i think are the offerings from Supersprint. They are not the cheapest, but they are 100% stainless and good quality fit. At idle, they sound deeper and remain about the same sound between 2-3K RPM.. and if you kick it up over 4K RPM you'll hear an awesome sound. If you want to get really loud, but don't want to spend much, goto a muffler shop that carries Magnaflow. Find a generic Magnaflow that will fit your car and have them custom build pipes and hangers for it. This will be very cheap and if you don't mind the loudness it is great bang for the buck. Some folks have removed their Magnaflows because they later felt it was too loud or it attracted attention they didn't want.

I'm a newbie here too, but welcome!!
So how much will it cost to go to a muffler shop and get it done. It wont sound like a truck will it, and for the intake I not really shooting for high horse power, Im going for more of the beefy sound and looks. how loud do yo think will it go, is it annoying loud or ok loud . Sorry as you can see this is my first BMW.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:38 PM   #10
E85DRIVER

Name: E85DRIVER
Title: United Newb
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2003 Z4 2.5
Talking

Thanks guys, I can tell you guys are gonna be very helpful. Thanks again.

Last edited by E85DRIVER; 01-10-2007 at 11:41 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:00 AM   #11
bimmerZ5
 
bimmerZ5's Avatar

Name: bimmerZ5
Title: Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, California
Rate My Car: 27 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 BMW 530i, 2001 BMW Z3 3.0i, 1995 Toyota Previa S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by E85DRIVER
So how much will it cost to go to a muffler shop and get it done. It wont sound like a truck will it, and for the intake I not really shooting for high horse power, Im going for more of the beefy sound and looks. how loud do yo think will it go, is it annoying loud or ok loud . Sorry as you can see this is my first BMW.
Going to a muffler shop and getting generic Magnaflows fitted will probably run you about $300-$400. Buying a Supersprint, will cost you $700-$1000 (not sure, check supersprintna.com) for the muffler ONLY. They aren't hard to install, just put your car's rear on ramps.

However, if you have to cut any pipes, get the proper tooling. Do not try to cut those steel pipes with a hand saw. I learned the hard way over 8 hours.

If you're just looking for sound, I still say, save your money from the intake. The biggest sound difference you'll get is from the muffler.

On the matter of loudness... that is sooo subjective. I think my Supersprint on the Z3 is quiet and only loud when I want it to be (>4000RPM)... but my wife thinks it's loud even at idle. To me, it's just a deeper at idle. She's not so excited to ride in the Z3 these days... but she won't let me carry a female passenger in it. hispanic women...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:06 AM   #12
E85DRIVER

Name: E85DRIVER
Title: United Newb
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2003 Z4 2.5
Talking Thanx...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerZ5
Going to a muffler shop and getting generic Magnaflows fitted will probably run you about $300-$400. Buying a Supersprint, will cost you $700-$1000 (not sure, check supersprintna.com) for the muffler ONLY. They aren't hard to install, just put your car's rear on ramps.

However, if you have to cut any pipes, get the proper tooling. Do not try to cut those steel pipes with a hand saw. I learned the hard way over 8 hours.

If you're just looking for sound, I still say, save your money from the intake. The biggest sound difference you'll get is from the muffler.

On the matter of loudness... that is sooo subjective. I think my Supersprint on the Z3 is quiet and only loud when I want it to be (>4000RPM)... but my wife thinks it's loud even at idle. To me, it's just a deeper at idle. She's not so excited to ride in the Z3 these days... but she won't let me carry a female passenger in it. hispanic women...
Yeah I know what you mean. I had a 2006 RSX before my Z4, and I had full cat back headers and intake , she hated it, I loved it. Hey thanks so much for the info, I think I'm gonna do it this week or weekend. So it wont sound like those trucks with magnaflow. I really appreciate everything, well ill see when there is a next meeting, so I can go out there and meet the GURU's... Well thanks again.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey There! Kev50027 Introductions and Greetings 13 05-05-2006 01:39 AM
Hey Jmir14! Cellardoor Introductions and Greetings 4 01-23-2006 02:39 PM
hey hey bimmer spinner defkon99 Bmw Cars For Sale/Wanted 6 11-30-2005 10:58 AM
Hey everyone bmw4life Introductions and Greetings 5 05-02-2005 08:47 PM
hey everyone 94bmw325i Introductions and Greetings 5 04-17-2005 04:00 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

A vBSkinworks Design

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2005-2013 UnitedBimmer.com