Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2006, 01:52 AM   #1
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
SUVs

I'm adding this one up. Because we are not done yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celsdogg
i am getting to a point where i am sick of suv's and all the reason that people drive em, and most of them arent worth a grain of salt.
Apparently SUVs can suck nick_318is's nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_318is
SUVS can suck my nuts, I will always feel safer in a car then in a truck(i call SUVs trucks, because they are), because I can do way more in a car then a truck. Oh and your saftey thing might be scewed there are a lot of cars out there that protect you very well, this is an extream example but that guy who wrecked the ferrari enzo and ran away, after you wreck your suv like that and you would be DEAD 40 times.

Oh an sorry to team up on you but one other thing, why should he get a SUV after his incident for about a year. Its like falling off a bike, get back on or go home and cry about it, he wants a car that is awsome to drive and hes not scared of getting back in another one and I think thats awsome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullethunter3
suv's serve no purpose. every time i see one, there is ONE f*ckin person in it!!!! thank you, f*ck tard, for ruining the environment. thank you. do you need that big POS to drag you around? no!!! i could understand if you have 17 kids or actually use the damn thing, but for the most part, they are a drain on our economy (aka gas prices... which is another subject) and a killer of our environment. carbon output, anyone? they are excessive and horrible. unessacary.

sorry, this should go in the rant forum.
You got it. Here it is, right where you want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig
i have to dis agree with you or atleast you should re word it, suvs in the city have no purpose. here in the "kansas outback" they are very very handy. it bugs the hell out of me when i see someone driving a huge pickup/suv in town and never use it for what its made for. i would willingly kill those people. theres this one guy in town that drives around the biggest pickup dodge makes and only drives it in town. that guy is a moron. same with everyone that does that.
I guess Craig likes them for what they are used for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
yes, if you hit me with your SUV you will probably suffer less damage, however what happens if you take a turn slighy faster than your supposed to, or swerve b/c someone cut you off? yea, thats what i thought
I'll get to this later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcianIce
thats an opinion about suv's being safer. one of my nurses in the hospital told me about his accident with a porche while he was driving an explorer. the sports car lost controll next to him on the highway and spun out into his side and they both went spiraling into the center lane wall. the suv drivers seatbelt cut into his waist and his head smacked the inside of the car and caused a concussion. the porche driver had a broken wrist from gripping the wheel so tight. thats all.
Ok, with that....I have to say:

Why does everybody associate SUV drivers as being bad. All I did was suggest SUV and everybody freaked.

Did anybody NOTICE what SUVs I listed? Did anybody notice or comment about THOSE kind of drivers? Are they the same?!? Why the fuck does everybody have to assume that I'm talking about some fucking FORD. Exploreres....Excusions...Escapes....Ford SUVs SUCK.

Yes, the majority of SUV drivers drive fucking FORDS, but gimme a break. I even listed the 4.8is. Does everbody HATE the 4.8is. If you do, you have problems and need to go drive one.

Have you seen a 4.8is take a corner? Have you seen a Range Rover Supercharged take a corner? Have you driven a Supercharged Range Rover or 4.8is? How about an Escalade? I know Cadillacs are suppost to be for "old" people (yes, and Camry's too....I don't mind taking it if I give it out. ). But, if you got money, these are the TOP SUVs on the market. Unless you have others to mention. (I already know the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, and yes....I like it.)

Exclusive SUV drivers are NOT the same.

And, if you are going to compare an SUV with a HIGH DOLLAR EXPENSIVE SPORTS CAR please don't undervalue the stakes by assuming we are talking about a LOADED fucking FORD Explorer. Oh wait. Does the e46 2006 Competition Package M3 count as an expensive sports car? Uhhh if you don't....please don't comment because I don't want to hear it. You could buy 2-3 Explorers for the price of a Competition Package M3. Right. Go do the math yourself. And come back when you are ready.

I've had enough, please don't ban me....this SUV thing has got me all worked up and I need to vent.

I'm ready, lets hear the replies.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #2
beem

Name: beem
Title: Senior Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SW MI
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '00 540/6 Dinan S2(sold), '90 525i/5, '01 Audi S4
ehhh.. still dont like them..
__________________


...let's go to the highway!
Member of the Spririted Driver Club.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:31 AM   #3
Red_Rocket
 
Red_Rocket's Avatar

Name: Red_Rocket
Title: Senior Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Coeur D' Alene, ID
Rate My Car: 214 / 340
Your Ride: E30 325
Use them for what they are made for, Hauling people, and going off-road

but yea, not all SUV drivers are dicks, not ALL
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
mullethunter3
 
mullethunter3's Avatar

Name: mullethunter3
Title: Upgraded Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Saint Louis / RollaMO
Rate My Car: 156 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
^^^ agreed, but i'm really tired of seeing one god damn person in a huge escalade or lexus or something completely unnessacary. if you use it for what it could be used for, great. but a lot of people don't.

maybe it's my engineering side coming out: "the glass isn't half-full or half-empty, it's twice as big as it should be."
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
I absolutey love SUVs and trucks. I don't like them to be huge, however.

I don't like car-based SUVs and crossovers. What are people thinking?

Truck-based SUVs serve a purpose. I grew up in a country where we don't always have roads that lead to the place where you want to go. Try driving an M3 ZCP through the jungle.

As much as I like SUVs and trucks, I don't own one because it would be ridiculous for me. I don;t need to haul anything around, and we have decent roads around here. The subpar driving dynamics, and the absolute innefficiency that results from driving ONE person around in such a huge, heavy vehicle have kept me away from them.

SUVs were a good invention. Like credit cards, they have a use. A very good use. However, far too many people think they need them and know how to handle them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #6
xsperf
 
xsperf's Avatar

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
+1 red rocket, and lot attendant, no hard feelings(i hope) ... the reason i said that is b/c my friend just rolled his SUV 6 times..

how much does a supercharged land rover or escalade or a 4.8is cost? maybe it is a little cheaper than the m3(i personally dont know) but i can safely say(and i think u may agree with me) that the m3 handles a little better
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #7
xsperf
 
xsperf's Avatar

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
oh yes, and i completely agree with the whole car based SUV things, like all those acura and infinity suvs that are car based, basically a sedan? yea WTF? those things r retarded, its 4 door, 5 passanger, and the only advantage is a big luggage compartment? id rather have a sedan
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #8
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullethunter3
maybe it's my engineering side coming out: "the glass isn't half-full or half-empty, it's twice as big as it should be."
Absoluetely! One of my professors mentioned this in class several years ago, and ever since, I have only heard it when it came out of my lips. Until today.

It is good to see other engineers are onboard with this thought
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #9
jybute
 
jybute's Avatar

Name: jybute
Title: Senior Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmonton,AB,Canada
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2006 330xi, 2007 X5 3.0, 1991 318is
I agree with all of you on certain levels. BUt everything you're saying about SUV"s could be said about any car.

Why do you need a sports car? You can never drive it the way it was meant to be driven.

Why do you need a big sedan? You dont have any kids.

Why anything?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:25 PM   #10
craig
 
craig's Avatar

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: tribune kansas
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jybute
I agree with all of you on certain levels. BUt everything you're saying about SUV"s could be said about any car.

Why do you need a sports car? You can never drive it the way it was meant to be driven.

Why do you need a big sedan? You dont have any kids.

Why anything?
sports cars: most people on here go find a good road and drive it like its suposed to be driven. but, i dont exalcy consider a 325is or 328is a "sports car" i consider them cool looking "getting around" cars.

big sedan: that has confused me for the longest time untill i bought the tbird. you have no idea how much i would have liked a sporty 4 door. our church was doing this thing and i had to drive alot of people places in the tbird. not fun. three people in the so called 'back seat" and one up front with me. they had to get in and out very quickly for what we were doing, and that was nearly impossable witha two door. so even if you dont have a family, its still very handy to have if you like to take your friends places.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #11
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
how much does a supercharged land rover or escalade or a 4.8is cost? maybe it is a little cheaper than the m3(i personally dont know) but i can safely say(and i think u may agree with me) that the m3 handles a little better
No, definately NO hard feelings. I just wanted to get things straight about the whole SUV thing. I appreciate everbody's contribution.

Ok, you got me.
Range Rover Supercharged starts at $90,750.
Escalade starts at $55,120.
X5 4.8is starts at $71,100.

Yes, I agree, the M3 does handle a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jybute
I agree with all of you on certain levels. BUt everything you're saying about SUV"s could be said about any car.

Why do you need a sports car? You can never drive it the way it was meant to be driven.

Why do you need a big sedan? You dont have any kids.

Why anything?
How is meant to be driven other than fast and in turns? Yes, I can drive it fast and around corners.

Big sedan? Are we talking about an e60 or e66? Big sedan? The idea that I'm trying to get is, hypotetically, bigger is safer.

Why anything? Because it's better than walking or riding a bike. Why do you choose to drive what you drive? Or do what you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullethunter3
agreed, but i'm really tired of seeing one god damn person in a huge escalade or lexus or something completely unnessacary. if you use it for what it could be used for, great. but a lot of people don't.

maybe it's my engineering side coming out: "the glass isn't half-full or half-empty, it's twice as big as it should be."
Yeah, I see your point, and it's a very good answer.

See, that's where we differ. I'm a Business major and I ALWAYS see the glass half FULL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rocket
Use them for what they are made for, Hauling people, and going off-road

but yea, not all SUV drivers are dicks, not ALL
Thank you. That's what I wanted to read.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:49 PM   #12
jybute
 
jybute's Avatar

Name: jybute
Title: Senior Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmonton,AB,Canada
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2006 330xi, 2007 X5 3.0, 1991 318is
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLotAttendant


How is meant to be driven other than fast and in turns? Yes, I can drive it fast and around corners.

Big sedan? Are we talking about an e60 or e66? Big sedan? The idea that I'm trying to get is, hypotetically, bigger is safer.

Why anything? Because it's better than walking or riding a bike. Why do you choose to drive what you drive? Or do what you do?

That is my point. My wife has a 4-runner, not the new car looking model, but the last of the true 4x4's, she use's it for what most people here (UB.c) consider a good reason. We have a lot of snow here in the winter, and it is comfortable (relatively speaking) for our 2 children. But in no way is this thing safe. If it wasnt for the electronic stabilty control, that thing would be the most dangerous thing on the friggin road. The high center of gravity and short wheel base, make for a dangerous combination on any road that is not smooth. And the roads here are not smooth at the best of times, what with the drastic changes in temperature.
It gets pretty much the same milage as my 535i, and is a lot more rugged.
I have a mid sized sedan in the e34, but I still would have bought it whether or not I needed it. I mean, my kids are very rarely in my car anyway.
My ponit is I agree with all of you on some level. And at the same time I disagree with all of you on some level.
But one thing I would like to add, I dont want to see an escalade or an expedition, or an H2 on the road ever,(wich my inlaws have, and surprisingly enough have taken it "off road" resulting in hundreds of dollars in repairs every time they have taken it it "off road"). They are not practical in anyway whatsoever, unless your transporting troops to a battle,or hunting T-Rex.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW Diesel SUVs in 2007 komodo X Series (X3, X5,X6) 2 09-11-2005 02:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.

A vBSkinworks Design

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2005-2013 UnitedBimmer.com