Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > Z Series (Z3, Z4, Z8)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Z Series (Z3, Z4, Z8) General discussion and technical help for all year Z series cars.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
Kayaker

Name: Kayaker
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1998 gmc pickup
In need of info!

Hello,
I am looking for some good information on a 2000 BMW Z3 M roadster. I am looking to buy one but the price seems high compared to others. It is a sweet looking car and when I look at it it has YES written all over it. I have never owned a BMW and my knowledge is limited at best.
If you can direct me to a site or you have personal knowledge it would be deeply appreciated. Also if you know of any re-occuring problems with this year. With what I have found out so far is a pretty clean record but have read other things that contradict that.
I really, I mean really want this car! The cars I have now are practical and I want something fun to drive!
I will be watching..........Steve
Old 09-01-2006, 11:01 PM   #2
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
Well if your looking for something fun to drive and thats all then the M Roadster is right for you, check autotrader for the adverage price of cars with the model, year, and mileage.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:14 PM   #3
CWatts

Name: CWatts
Title: United Newb
Rate My Car: 150 / 340
Your Ride: BMW Z3 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaker
Hello,
I am looking for some good information on a 2000 BMW Z3 M roadster. I am looking to buy one but the price seems high compared to others. It is a sweet looking car and when I look at it it has YES written all over it. I have never owned a BMW and my knowledge is limited at best.
If you can direct me to a site or you have personal knowledge it would be deeply appreciated. Also if you know of any re-occuring problems with this year. With what I have found out so far is a pretty clean record but have read other things that contradict that.
I really, I mean really want this car! The cars I have now are practical and I want something fun to drive!
I will be watching..........Steve
I have a 1999 Z3 with 87,000 miles. Have owned several sports cars from Spitfire to Europa. The Z is by far my favorite. Mine is a 2.8, the 2.5 is a bit slower, havn't driven the 3.0. "Normal" driving it gets 25 mpg, trips at steady speed 28 - 32. When I heel & toe and try to put my foot in the oil pan it drops to 23mpg.
On a winding road it stands alone. On level ground 140 mph, and gets there in a hurry.
Some have had trouble with the mounting of the rear end to the body. I haven't and I don't baby it. But check any before you lay out your money.
Most of all have fun.
The Old Foggy, Rusty Rider
Old 09-07-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
It may have a higher cost then a z3 due to it being an ///M which will always cost more since it is more performance oriented then the Z3s.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
M roadsters are like rockets on wheels, amazing cars handle like a dream and you can do SOOOO much to them

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.