jybute

Name: jybute
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2006 330xi, 2007 X5 3.0, 1991 318is
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_w.
well, i think there are lots of things the us provides for canada other than military protection. we send 85% of our exports south. other than our resource goods there would not be many other markets for our manufactured good. anybody (china and india) will buy our oil (alberta alone has the worlds second largest oil deposits - 175 billion barrels vs saudis 230 billion barrels) and natural resources. we are after all the united states largest trading partner and vice versa. and besides we get lots of great cultural stuff (well, excluding reality tv, american idol, and celebrity culture bullshit) like some american tv and movies. just think how bad tv would be here if all we could watch is that made in canada crap the thing that i find most funny is the us's stance on free trade. they only want it when if suits them best. the softwood lumber issue and bse is so retarded and has cost billions of dollars to british columbia and alberta's economies. if we decided to be like this we could restrict our energy exports and make you american bastards freeze in the dark!

Like I said... what does the US offer us? we export 85% to them, what do they export to us? Its deffinetly not 85%.