View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
jrhaile

Name: jrhaile
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 114 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 Dinan Turbo, 95 M52 Turbo
Dinan E30 turbo vs 2006 STI

One of my client's just bought a BRAND new 2006 STI, black on gold rims. It's sexy I must say. So I was there installing a new switch on their network and he asks me to go do a quick race to see how his car would matchup against other turbo cars (whatever this means). He was totally cool so I finished setting up the VLAN config on their switch and we took a stroll down to 4th Ave in CDA, ID. He had one person in his car filming with his camera phone (lol) and I had no one except my fat-arse. So we did a 2nd gear, 30mph roll with three honks. honk honk honk and we're off both with a pretty good jump (I think he got the better jump). Immediately I'm hitting 10PSI and we're dead even through 2nd. 3rd gear, I'm making full boost again at 10psi and I'm slowly pulling on him (1-1.5cl). By the middle of fourth I've put 4cls on him and still pulling hard! I shut it down around 120mph before hitting what I think is this cars' best gear, 5th. So we go back to their office off of Lakeside and talk about the race and the only thing he had to say is "I need more boost." It was funny . His co-worker (also the owner of a RSX TypeS which I beat the other day in my e36) was dogging him how a 15 year older car just spanked a new car. :buttrock I was just humble about the whole thing and kept telling him with a few mods it would be a different story (even though I think he was lucky I quit before I hit 5th).

It was a VERY good race and I'm HIGHLY impressed with how my baby ran as was he. I personally had no idea how this would go as I've only had the car 4 days. Also I must say, his STI sounded soooo mean. This is why I bought this car, I wanted to compete with those high boosting 4bangers that are out there and now I can compete with them (well some of them). With a few mods on my car and a higher boost setting, I should be able to compete with some big ol' v8s too

Tomorrow at 4PM I'm going to get some dyno numbers so I'll post back with those numbers and see where this car stands. I honestly think as do others who have rode in the car, believe I'll have a much higher torque # then I will whp but we'll see