View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #1
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Smile My weekend at the track.

Hey guys I thought I would post up some pics and stories from my weekend at the track. So for some reason I was once again in the D group (mostly 1st and 2nd timers) and this was my 3rd drivers school. After my 1st session my instructor was like these guys are on crack you should be in C group. But anyway the weekend was fun my instructor really helped me to learn the line and push the car to the limits. Unfortunatly I have almost no brake pad left and I think I might need to replace a wheel bearing.

I watched a supercharged ford focus blow its engine on track right in front of me. The bastard was not letting me by him for 2 laps and was taking off on the straight but I would be right back with him by the 2nd turn, he shifts from 3rd to 4th, a big puff of smoke comes out and then under the car is sparking, he was leaking oil and it all caught on fire. Luckily no one was injured but the guy needs a new engine. I guess they didn't beef up the bottom end of the car to handle the extra power. I guess it was a marketing car for the company that he works for and said he was going to loose $4000 from his budget.

I also talked to an instructor who had a 3 series hatch, but bought it from a guy who swapped an e36 m3 motor into it. It was described as e36M3 from the doors forward and an M Coupe from the doors back, as an explaination of all the work that was done. It was a pretty cool looking car and FAST. There was a Ferrari and some other sweet cars. I will post some attachments with pics and you can goto Pics from the track .