Old 06-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Jkba

Name: Jkba
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: E39
Need Some Advice !

Hello all im Jkba, currently I drive a 1998 5-speed Honda Prelude (Built Turbo) (I know some of you guys may hate honda ) Anyways, im on the verge of selling my car, and im looking for something a little more practical and stock, Ive always loved Bimmer and considered getting one in the past before my Honda, but seems like this time around is the right time for it. (Also the fact that no other Make of vehicles appeal to me & my needs !)

So long story short, im looking at 3 Different BMW right now, and thought I would make a much better decision with the advice of actual bimmer owners.

Thing's Im looking for - Practicality, Decent Stock Speed as well as comfort.

Now for my 3 choices...

1 - 2002 E46 325Ci - Electric Red exterior, Tan interior, 5 speed, 90k Miles, Almost Spotless - 9,500$ USD

2 - 2000 E39 540i 4.4 v8 -Metallic Grey Exterior, Grey interior, M Sport Package, 6 Speed, 103k Miles, Pretty Clean, just seems like a few things around the car are loose (which brings me to assume there was some fixing up going on) - 8,995$ USD

3 - 1999 E39 540i 4.4 v8 - Silver Exterior, Black Interior, M Sport Package, 6 speed, 66k Miles, Cleaner then the 2000 (2nd choice), little dings in the interior nothing serious, Stock Tints(I think), and a tad bit of i think clear coat peeling on the rims, again nothing serious - 9,995$ USD

Now I've been reading and researching a bit on these cars, the v8 mileage doesn't bother me since my current car runs pretty rich :S so if anything ill still have better milage with a stock v8 lol, ive also heard about the E39 having lousy cooling systems, now on the 2000 540i I seen the radiator had a few dings in it, the belt/pully seemed a bit old, as for the 1999 540i the radiator was still seemed greatly intact with no dings, belts and hoses seemed very intact as well.

As for the 325CI its the newest and cleanest of the three, but i feel the 325 may just be too slow for me going down from a turbo car. On the other hands driving the 6sped V8 5 series is more enjoyable and pulls you back to your seat .

So with this information provided, what would you guys suggest me to look into buying?