So, sorry for the laaate update on this, but between vacations and mail-ordering supplies, it's taken a while. All in all, the resolution was:
**Active Autowerke's MAF Calibrator box**
Yep, that was it. The longer story:
I took everyone's feedback and had a smoke test and fuel pressure test done. I did find very minute issues with my fuel pump (it wasn't holding pressure as it should after the engine was shut off), but operating pressure was fine, nonetheless. Smoke test came out just fine too. (I had a guy in San Jose do both tests for less than a C-note). He smoked the SC and my valve cover. No issues.
So I took this data, plus the OBD log/fuel trim data and called Active Autowerke(Florida) where I bought my SC. Turns out the calibrator box they sent me to replace my failed one 1.5 years ago wasn't doing it's job properly. It was essentially underrreporting airflow and subsequently causing the O2's to up (waaaay up) the mix in response to a lean one. Since I wasn't due for smog at that time, I ignored the randome MIL's.
The SC kit I have was orginally using a 5-series MAF to accomodate the larger air flow and a "calibrator" box had to be used between it and the ECU to make it all work(voltage outputs are different). Active's subsequent, UPDATED, replacement for my failed one was apparently bogus, but they had a solution THIS TIME to use a Porsche MAF without the calibrator. Fine by me, because that would be one less part to fail in the future. I just needed to get my ECU reflashed to work with the new MAF's outputs. Long story short, I'm on the Porsche MAF, updated ECU, LTFT's came down to 0.8% and 1.6% and I passed CA smog today, legally. Woot!
So in short, here's what I learned: Before doing ANY type of crazy modifications to your engine/emissions, buy an OBDII logger and take baseline measurements on EVERYTHING. Take a repeatable short trip so that you can compare numbers before and after your change (that's how I knew, after the fact unfortunately, the old calibrator was misreporting the airflow). The only reason why I even got thru to Active so fast was that I was able to (along with smoke/fuel test results) clearly explain what was going on. Most folks tell them "My Engine light is on"(help with this is waay limited). They immediately knew what it was and BAM, I had a fix within a few days. My only gripe is that they didn't proactively tell me this after they sent a bogus calibrator(but, had I used an OBDII logger, I would have caught this on my own a long time ago). Whatever. For all you tweakers out there, just invest $150 in some scanning equipment and you'll be golden. Trust me.
I hope to share the 300% of great things I learned with the rest of you in your future posts.
Thanks for ALL of your help.....it *really* did accelerate the process (even tho it took ME months...haha).
Sorry for the long post, but this was a big win for me.