Old 10-29-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
mike h

Name: mike h
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1991 318 cabriolet
E30 immobilser

Hello all, new to site & new to my 1991 e30 318 cabriolet (uk), guess what, I have a problem. I had an auto electrictian fit a replacement cd player, as the one fitted was a horrible silver thing. Anyway bloke comes & fits the panasonic unit, ibelieve which is or was very similiar to the original, everythings fine, cd player works lovely and cosmetically is right for the interior/dash. Wife goes out the next day to start car, unlocks door, manually as we have done since we bought it, puts key in the ignition & she says an alarm came on and the engine wont start. I go out, no alarm but when you try to start car, it just clicks,like starter motor not got enough juice. All the time this is going on there is a constant clicking, like the hazard lights are flashing, but there not. We were not sure if there was an imobilser on the car when we bought it, I asked the bloke about central locking (remote) as the igition key has a button on it, but it didnt work, not a problem, because put key in drivers door and locked all doors fine.Anyway I guess when the electritictian fitted the cd player, he has reconected or something the imobilser (2 red led lights flashed intermitantly all the timebefore all this happened), now just 1light is on. Had to disconect battery, electritictian is coming tommorrow, but he sounds as if he says its nothing to do with what I've done. How do I de-activate the immobiliser assuming thats what it is Please help, really in the dark here. looked in owners manual & it says about inserting this key into the magnetic lock, I dont have a key & I dont know where this lock is.

Cheers Mike