United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Plans for the new year? (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9994)

Turbodefrost 01-12-2007 10:05 AM

Plans for the new year?

So anyone have a big plans for their cars, or for anything else this year? I'll hopefully come up with the money for M3 mouldings, new mid pipes, maybe intake? hope everyone's resolutions have lasted at least till now!:redspotda

Dudesky 01-12-2007 10:15 AM

For me, nada, zilch, no more. I pretty much have all the add-ons that I wanted, and I just had my rims dented by a highway pothole, but I'm not even going to fix/replace them. I'm just going to maintain the car minimally until I'm out of school, then get an E39 M5 or an E90. I figure why waste the money?

nick_318is 01-12-2007 11:31 AM

I need to do an exhaust and new tires come spring time, i would also like to do sways full red tails and new lights in front and call it a day and then get something as a daily (what has yet to be determined)

Turbodefrost 01-14-2007 05:20 PM

nice! yeah i def. need to get a small 4x4 truck for work and the mountains and such, and i'm painting my grills black as i speak!
w00t!

QcMarque 01-19-2007 02:16 AM

This year I plan on buying one of these:http://files.unitedbimmer.com/ub.c/Q...si%20Turbo.JPG
This pic is an '82 633CSi, turboed and setup so it has the power of a naturally aspirated 4.5L... what I want is an '88 635CSi Highline, in this color, w/ the same bumbers shown here.

Dr1ve4fun 01-19-2007 02:33 AM

^^sweet car I had my mom cinvinced to buy an e30 convert..but then we found out it was in really bad condition..but I am still maybe getting a beat up 84 325e as a parts car..so maybe I will learn how to fix a bunch of stuff this year..hopefully

craig 01-19-2007 03:16 AM

this year, i want to do several things:

first, get a daily driver which i will sell after i get...

second, baja bug. ooooohh yyyyyeeeaahhhh. the one i am curently looking at has 150HP. yikes.

third, get out of this tireslashing court thing.

fourth, GET THE HELL OUT OF TRIBUNE!!!!

Turbodefrost 01-28-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig
this year, i want to do several things:

fourth, GET THE HELL OUT OF TRIBUNE!!!!

:wiggle nice mod

BaLAnCe17 01-29-2007 03:42 AM

ill be selling my m3 come July probably. not have a car for a year because i will be in florence Italy, hopefully buy an s4 (turbo :yum ) or another m3 when i get back. oh ya, i found a 1984 chrysler laser for $250...might just have to pick that up and beat the crap out of it :P
btw....your car is looking great defrost!

Numark318i 01-29-2007 09:19 AM

no plans for the new year car wise. like dudesky said just maintain it.
Also start looking into getting another bmw.

basically this year is all school...gotta get my chickens lined up.

Balance you going to flornce on the exchange program with your college? I was thinking about signing up for that.

BaLAnCe17 01-29-2007 01:37 PM

yup. Gonzaga has a campus over there so that will be pretty crazy. where do u go to college numark?

Turbodefrost 01-29-2007 10:12 PM

duuude how much you tink you're gonna sell your M for? i would be VERY interested...

Numark318i 01-29-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaLAnCe17
yup. Gonzaga has a campus over there so that will be pretty crazy. where do u go to college numark?

Santa Rosa Junior College. One of the best JC's in the country.
Its cheap..and all UC/CSU have very good transfer programs with them..so it makes sence for me.

BaLAnCe17 01-30-2007 01:27 AM

I am going to try and get as much money out of it as i can. Im going to put it up for sale right before i leave for florence and have it sit until i get the price i want...thats the plan so far. im hoping around $18000 though. pretty spendy :(

Turbodefrost 02-02-2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaLAnCe17
I am going to try and get as much money out of it as i can. Im going to put it up for sale right before i leave for florence and have it sit until i get the price i want...thats the plan so far. im hoping around $18000 though. pretty spendy :(

oh i see nice, i def won't have that kinda $$ but i'm sure you won't have too much of a problem selling it, it so sexy!

well i just bought some AA adjustable rear contril arms for my camber problems, and am looking around for some camber plates for the front. But i need to get my fenders rolle/stretched before i can do any adjustments :( after that will be some fun stuff like LSD, straightpipes, m3 mouldings, lights, diffuser etc... w00t! what a money pit!