United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   NW washington auto-x events coming up! (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8889)

Turbodefrost 08-29-2006 06:58 PM

NW washington auto-x events coming up!

hey if anyone wants to get involved in some autocrossing, Chuckanut Sports Car Club is hosting one on september 17 at the port of bellingham. checkin and tech check is from 7:30- 8:30 am, driver's meeting at 8:45 am, usually goes till about 4:30pm. $30 for non Chuckanutscc members. It's a ton of fun! Or just come check it out if you don't want to participate. go to chuckanutscc.org for mor info. See you all there!!:drive2

Addicted? 09-12-2006 10:26 PM

ill be there.

David

devinwwu 09-12-2006 10:41 PM

I'll try to drive up there maybe. be fun to hang out up there for a day.

Spieluhr 09-13-2006 01:38 AM

ive never done Auto-X before, what exactly do you do? race around a parking lot with cones? and will I need a helmet?

Turbodefrost 09-13-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spieluhr
ive never done Auto-X before, what exactly do you do? race around a parking lot with cones? and will I need a helmet?

yes, and yes. there will be a course set up of cones and you try to complete the course in the fastest time possible. you usually get between 3 and 5 runs in a day. there's two groups so that one group can race and the other can man the course. it's a ton of fun! and you'll need a helmet, the specs are on the website

Spieluhr 09-13-2006 09:22 PM

^
shit, i dont really want to go out and buy a helmet that I'll rarely use.

devinwwu 09-14-2006 10:29 AM

usually you can find a friend that will lend you one. any buddies of yours ride??

Spieluhr 09-14-2006 10:56 AM

^^^
none that I can think of... shit. I may have to work on this one.

Turbodefrost 09-14-2006 11:48 AM

dude there's plenty of ways... i can probly hook you up with one. i know quite a few guys with motorbikes. there's no way i'd buy a helmet either, you just gotta find one! And if all else fails you can borrow mine or someone else that's there. cause as long as you aren't right after eachother, there's plenty of time to trade off helmets.

devinwwu 09-14-2006 12:43 PM

personally i always thought the helmet was a bit overkill for autox.. but i guess that's the nature of the beast. i could understand in a cab but hardtop...? plus its damn hard to roll going less than 30-40mph

Turbodefrost 09-14-2006 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devinwwu
personally i always thought the helmet was a bit overkill for autox.. but i guess that's the nature of the beast. i could understand in a cab but hardtop...? plus its damn hard to roll going less than 30-40mph

yeah i know what you mean, it's probly a law or somethin, and plus, i seroiusly cannot fit in my car comfortably wearing a helmet. i have to scrunch just to pull my head in , and there's not much moving around once i'm in. maybe that'll be my excuse to get a vert? haha. so are you gonna make it devin?

devinwwu 09-14-2006 06:38 PM

we'll see, i'm going to try to get a lot of my car finished this weekend so all i have to do next week is the suspension. hopefully have it ready for the drive to montana.

Spieluhr 09-14-2006 08:54 PM

alright, as long as there would be some way to trade off and share with someone I will be down for going. I would like to try some race stuff before I go to school.

You guys know of any open track days down at PIR?

Addicted? 09-14-2006 08:57 PM

you usually get 3 runs in the morning and 5 in the afternoon.. or vice versa..

you can rent helmets there.. but they go fast.. and i do know that sometimes they havent had that feature avaiable.. but its not hard to find out... i have a few friends with them..

2 years ago a guy totalled his e36 m3.. so helmets dont make much sense.. but its all liability...

Devin you should come up.. i talked to jason about those wheels.. but forgot what he said.. hes running on sunday though.. hows the car?

devinwwu 09-14-2006 10:00 PM

cars going well. i have to find a good place to modify my strut housings for the gc coilovers. maybe i should come up if for nothing else than to talk to jason about the wheels. stupid f-in middleman
haha