United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   *** Spokane MEET Sept. 23rd *** (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8814)

jrhaile 08-22-2006 10:08 PM

*** Spokane MEET Sept. 23rd ***

These plans are alive and well again with a date finally! Final details will be worked out in the next week or two, but basically here is the brief info:

When: September 23rd, 2006
Starting Point: Roof Top in Downtown Spokane for a quick meet and greet + Photoshoot
Time: To be decided but sometime in early afternoon/late morning. I want to schedule this for a time so the peeps from Pullman and surrounding areas can come up that morning and make it for the meet/drive.
Route 1: Through downtown Spokane and onto I90 East in a nice orderly fashion.
Stop 1: Downtown Coeur D'Alene to fill up on gas because it's like 30 cents cheaper over there ;)
Stop 2: St. Regis, Montana. Total about 130 Miles or so which depending on the speeds can be as little as an hour and a half or as much as 2 hour. This is a very nice and scenic drive with some good straights and twsity roads. 2 Lane roads in each direction so making dangerous passes isn't necessary. These is also very little traffic and drivers tend to do at least 80-90 anyways and the police (if we happen to encouter any in Montana are very friendly and will probably gives us a :thumbs: )
Stop 3: Coming back West, we will stop at a spot on the pass where it overlooks the whole valley for some photo's, donuts and more :D It's a very large area easily fitting 30 cars or more.
Stop 4: Silver Dollar Restaurant for Dinner/Lunch. Awesome food and a very famous place. I will call and reserve a table for as many people are confirmed within the next 2 weeks.
Final Stop: To be decided. More then likely going to plan a hangout at someone's house (possibly mine if we're moved in by then) or a park to take some pictures and possibly have a small BBQ if people are still hungry.
Total Time: Estimating 5-6 Hours which would leave plenty of time for people to make it back before it's too dark and still hit the bars. I should note, we will probably be celebrating two people's birthday's this night who will be on the drive so for those of you who are 21, this means a night out on the town :thumbs:
Total Miles: Roughly 260, easily one take of gas to and from should do it.

Basic Rules:
1) No Passing Lead Car - I'm going to set a lead car (kind of like a pace car) for those to follow. He will not do excessive speeds, but will keep it interesting enough to make the drive fun, yet safe.
2) No Alcohol/drugs while on the drive (obvious)
3) Basic common sense for driving. Don't do something stupid that could ruin it for the rest. I want this drive to be a model for all future drives. I will remove a driver from the drive if I have to. Simple as that.
4) Have fun. Simple as that, it's probably the last drive of the year in Eastern, Wa so enjoy it.

Who Is Welcomed:
Basically anyone who wants to come. One of my good friends will be on the drive in his Stage 4+ WRX so all makes and models are welcomed, though it'll mostly be BMW. And more then likely, group shots with be with only BMWs ;)

Price:
No price, just buy your own gas and food.

What to Bring:
1) Radar Detectors
2) Scanners
3) Jammers :p
4) Two-way radio's (I have a couple of extra sets too)
5) Working car :D
6) Co-Pilot so someone can take pics and videos :thumbs:

Picture of the Route:
http://www.nwbmwclub.com/pictures/CA0DENOX.gif

More info to come as it becomes available... so lets start a list on who is coming...

1) Jrhaile (Driving E36)
2) Robbie (Driving my E30)
3) KJohnson E36 M3
4) Mike R E36 M3
5) Jshep E36 328is
6) Tony E46 328i
7) KDavis E36 M3
8) Sal E36 325is
9) Khaile E36 325i

devinwwu 08-23-2006 01:43 PM

10) Devinwwu e30 335i (should be finished!!!!)

jrhaile 08-23-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devinwwu
10) Devinwwu e30 335i (should be finished!!!!)

omfg, Devin that would be SICK! Let me know if you need a place to stay too if you come over. I can probably arrange something at my place or get you a good rate on a Hotel... :kiss

Red_Rocket 08-23-2006 05:50 PM

DAMN, if only i was in CDA at this time

Ill send this thread to my dad, to see if he would be interested

Dads car:
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/att...ew_wheels4.jpg

Some of you might have see him around CDA

jrhaile 08-24-2006 12:24 AM

I think I saw him parked at the Red Lobster once... nice lookin' car.

dinan540 08-29-2006 04:53 PM

Devin,

Are you still thinking about going to this meet? Let me know, maybe we can cruise together. I need to check my calender.

94bmw325i 08-29-2006 08:01 PM

wo your not driving your turbo? omg.. j/k

You guys have good meets, the one I went to I had to do 100- 120 mph on the highway to keep up with everyone, I had no idea where to go, we need meets like yours over here.

BaLAnCe17 08-29-2006 08:05 PM

looks like nothings on my calendar bitches! let me double check and get back to ya.

devinwwu 08-29-2006 11:34 PM

i'm sittin here in my kitchen with 3 different wiring harnesses crimping and taping... it's getting exciting!! i hope it is finished and crusin by then. I still have to get the suspension ordered and in. its taking flyingbrick a long time to make sure the spring rates are right... (yes i'm going with GC coils) :woot

Spieluhr 09-04-2006 05:00 AM

would totally come now that im done with work, but that's the day I move in to college damnit!

jrhaile 09-05-2006 11:21 AM

Where you going to school at Nasty Nate?

dinan540 09-05-2006 04:51 PM

He is heading to Western I think.

devinwwu 09-08-2006 03:07 PM

ya i convinced him!!!

i get the suspension this next week!!!!!
it might be ready, still trying to get the motor to start.

all the new info is in the link in my sig

Spieluhr 09-09-2006 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinan540
He is heading to Western I think.

word, WWU FTMFW!

jrhaile 09-09-2006 03:42 PM

haha cool Nasty Nate...

I updated the site (www.nwbmwclub.com) with the information as far as the meeting spot and here is a roof top pic of where it will be

http://www.nwbmwclub.com/pictures/se...08_resized.jpg