United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My car got hit today :( (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7867)

c1apton 05-27-2006 07:33 PM

make ABSOLUTELY SURE you get a police report that he backed into you. You don't stand a "rats ass chance" with insurance without it.

On the other hand - sorry to hear you had to be a victim of someones ignorance. I'd be billing his insurance co for your rental car - it's their fault they insured the dumb-fuck

c1apton 05-27-2006 09:09 PM

Tell Geico that you want them to go after his insurance co for you. Not using Geico for your repairs, but have them go after his insurance co. That'll get you a loaner/rental car at their expense (his ins. co.) They'll rip his insurance co a new A$$ and they won't let up until it's done right. They have lawyers just for this type of circumstance.
I had a lady hit my "hauler" and had Geico go after her Ins co and they gave me options of a rental truck, time lost and all kinds of "perks" for the inconveinence and not "dime one" from my deductable.

CAPiTUL 05-27-2006 09:16 PM

^^
Contacting Geico now. Please hold.

CAPiTUL 05-27-2006 10:40 PM

Fukk cels! Why do you have to try and jynx me? lol

anybody know what i'd be looking at for a hood, bumper, grill, cooling fan unit, and maybe the radiator support frame? plus paint w/all that?

witeshark 05-27-2006 11:33 PM

Ha. Well in a way I know how bad this is. Strange cause Cel's car was hit from the back. But anyway, I just hope you get that idiot's insurance to make your car right! :gun

CAPiTUL 05-28-2006 12:00 AM

yeah. but my resale value is gonna take a hit, too. :-( I'm hoping that the frame doesn't need any pulling and that the engine is sound. I'm a little worried about the tranny. I was trying to get it from Drive into Reverse when I saw him coming. I don't know if I got hit whilst switching gears. I was talking to my old man, who was a mechanic for over 40 years, and he said it's possible that could affect how the tranny functions. With the already existing problem I was having w/the tranny, I'm a tad nervous.

Chris 05-28-2006 12:05 AM

actually, to be honest, if he hit you as hard as you're implying, the front of the frame may be bent, and if it is, you're pretty much f'ed as far as any resale at all.

don't tell them you already had tranny problems, say it wasn't tehre before he hit your car, then he'll have to pay to fix it.

scrichy84 05-28-2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdoesntknow
actually, to be honest, if he hit you as hard as you're implying, the front of the frame may be bent, and if it is, you're pretty much f'ed as far as any resale at all.

don't tell them you already had tranny problems, say it wasn't tehre before he hit your car, then he'll have to pay to fix it.

If it's too bad, hope it's totaled and that you get enough out of his insurance to replace your car.