United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lighting (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   angel eyes and corner lights .. ? (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7557)

EcianIce 05-05-2006 11:17 PM

angel eyes and corner lights .. ?

can you have the DDE's on without the corners being on, but still have your blinker work?

this is for E46 facelift. i only saw two wires running into the corner light so there wasn't one power wire that did blinker function and one that did parking light function.

so yea. can DDE's run independant of parking lights (corner blinkers)?

Rooz 05-05-2006 11:22 PM

Yes you can, look at my car ;)

Your side markers run of a 1157 bulb, you can use the power cable that goes to the "parking light" part of it, and use it to power up the DDE's, leaving the power go to the turn signals ;)

Linds 05-05-2006 11:41 PM

I just put electrical tape over one of the filaments (not sure if that's what the two bumps on the bottom of the bulb are called). That way they only flash when turn signals or hazards are on.

brien4787 05-06-2006 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linds
I just put electrical tape over one of the filaments (not sure if that's what the two bumps on the bottom of the bulb are called). That way they only flash when turn signals or hazards are on.

same

EcianIce 05-06-2006 01:26 AM

mkay i explained that there are only two cables. power and ground.

i'm assuming that the "blink" and the "on" functions are both handled through the same power cable but from somewhere else in the wiring, not at the actual plug and blub.

komodo 05-06-2006 03:14 AM

Note, his car is an e46.

Section_8 05-06-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EcianIce
can you have the DDE's on without the corners being on, but still have your blinker work?

this is for E46 facelift. i only saw two wires running into the corner light so there wasn't one power wire that did blinker function and one that did parking light function.

so yea. can DDE's run independant of parking lights (corner blinkers)?

Do you mean the stock (daylight driving bulb is lit constantly) DDE's, or aftermarket (angel/demon eyes) DDE's? Reading your post I'm a little confused, as DDE's (aftermarket) do not utilize corner power to light up, they get wired directly into your ECU box to light up (usually how folks run them) so they are constantly on when the car is powered. They are totally independant of the corner blinker system when run like this.

EcianIce 05-07-2006 11:19 AM

mkay. i have more details.

i have the Projector46's from Umnitza - the DDE draw power from the terminal in the engine bay, the ECU is their trigger to turn on and off.

what i'm wondering is there a way to turn the DDE's on WITHOUT having my corner lights (blinkers) on at the same time?

i'd love to have only my DDE's and foglights on.

by the way .. i've been browsing for new foglights and i can't find a standard on what to call them all. i've seen yellow fogs that are H11 then H7 6000K in hyper whites then 9006 that are 4500k .. it makes NO sense. i need a fog to match 6000k in the natural color. ;\

Spieluhr 05-08-2006 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linds

ditto

EcianIce 05-08-2006 09:16 AM

hurm.

can we confirm this works on E46? if so all problems would be solved. :)

komodo 05-08-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EcianIce
hurm.

can we confirm this works on E46? if so all problems would be solved. :)

It doesn't.... that relies on having three wires going to your blinker.

EcianIce 05-08-2006 10:21 AM

/sigh

well. in other news: i finished installing the remote on feature. ^^;

all thats left as far as lightning in my car after this corner delete are the matched fogs.

EcianIce 05-10-2006 12:25 AM

well that was easy.

i left my car running to go into the dry cleaners and my DDEs were on.

they're always on when the car is. rofl. x.x

RAPANUII 05-14-2012 11:53 PM

hi i bought this depo headlights d2s projector for my facelift e46 2002 330d, i m having a problem to connect the angel eyes..because my car is from europe i cant tap to the parking lights cable because there is none..so where to connect? i ve the harness all the stuff, but dont know where to connect...on the ecu.. thanks in advance