United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rant Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Gas Rant (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6158)

drz 03-31-2006 01:22 PM

$2.79 for 91 in Fayetteville, AR

Numark318i 03-14-2007 12:33 AM

3.50 for premium.

godamit. 53dollars to fill up the 330

witeshark 03-14-2007 12:40 AM

Boo gas $'s :angry

RSF5 03-14-2007 01:00 AM

Back from the dead with this thread. 53 DOLLARS!?!?! Jesus H CHRIST man your gas prices suck.

akinthecat 03-14-2007 06:18 AM

Over here its Brunei dollar $0.55 cts per liter (RON 97) and $0.53 cts (RON 95 (?))

How's dat for cheap? Its a starnge custom here ppl dont buy gas by the liter, they just pull up and say $10.00, $20.00, $5.00 etc for green gas (Ron 97) or red (Ron 95)

Prices have not changed in recent memory. So much so that gas smuggling is common round here...

Numark318i 03-14-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akinthecat
Over here its Brunei dollar $0.55 cts per liter (RON 97) and $0.53 cts (RON 95 (?))

How's dat for cheap? Its a starnge custom here ppl dont buy gas by the liter, they just pull up and say $10.00, $20.00, $5.00 etc for green gas (Ron 97) or red (Ron 95)

Prices have not changed in recent memory. So much so that gas smuggling is common round here...

:doh smugglin me some here..ill pay ur plane ticket..lol

im sure gas went up some more today. Rifuckingdiculous.

Exilion 03-14-2007 05:17 PM

Wow I can't believe I missed this forum here it's back up to $2.37 for regular (add 10 cent for each grade higher -_^) um...... maybe my electric poll should've been in the rant forum... oh well check it out since it's somewhat related http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/g...ctric-not.html

And please like read and research stuff before saying the technology isn't there yet (puts his hands together and performs a begging motion).

As for the price gouging yeah I hate that too but considering I'm going to school to learn how to be an engineer on one of their ships I'm ok with a better salary.

drz 03-14-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catalyst
...I am sick and fucking tired of being anally probed everytime i need to get gas...

Dude. Where do you get your gas? :eek

akinthecat 03-15-2007 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numark318i
:doh smugglin me some here..ill pay ur plane ticket..lol

im sure gas went up some more today. Rifuckingdiculous.

Seriously, the gas here is much cheaper than in malaysia which basically raised their fuel prices by RM $0.10cts (I could be wrong). So we'd hear of ppl here taking the 'cheaper' gas to the border and sell it off and take advantage of the cheap gas prices and the foreign exchange rate. Right now, my car's parked in between a Discovery 3, and a porsche cayenne. Imagine what prices those ppl pay for...

beem 03-15-2007 10:17 AM

you know, as much as i cannot stand the screwed up government, the oil companies, the price gouging, etc... i'm glad im not paying $6.50 a gallon like people are in amsterdam. not yet at least. wouldnt doubt it if bushie decided to go to another war just for the fun of it though and gas doubled. either way, can't complain too much yet

c1apton 03-15-2007 11:24 AM

You guys also have to remember oil companies are not "non-profit" organizations. They're like any other comodity and they take advantage of what the public is willing to pay. (similar to gold, diamonds, video games, TVs, etc) Until the public wises up and starts making demands on other resources, they'll continue on their merry ways. Right now the public has no problem spending mega-bucks on cell phones, "air music" (mp3s, I-tunes), pay per listen radio stations (XM), bottled water - they'll continue selling gas to us at inflated prices. People used to bitch about a $300 tv - now look what they spend or cars for that matter, you get more plastic vs steel for 5x the cost of an old muscle car. For all you economists out there explain this: why do new homes increase in value when a new car loses value the minute it rolls of the lot? I'm curious to hear thoughts on this...