United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   M5 (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2006 M5 (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4605)

BMWLotAttendant 10-19-2005 09:48 PM

2006 M5

Well.....here is the head's up.

Our dealership's....1st e60 M5 is arriving on Monday. (1 of 5)

The manager is in New Jersey learning about it.
The Head Master Technician is in Chicago learning how to understand and program it.

Pics next week. Hopefully Monday! :woot

voca 10-19-2005 09:53 PM

:eek

komodo 10-20-2005 01:00 AM

You MUST drive that car.

Then come report back to us how amazing it was.

craig 10-20-2005 09:44 AM

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i! ill be there on monday. i cant miss it. and, vids/pics of ban!

komodo 10-20-2005 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voca
:eek

Sorry, off topic, but Voca, you need to setup Rate-My-Car. :)

Antiburn 10-23-2005 12:41 PM

We just got our 1st one in at out warehouse. SHould be at the dealer sometime this week maybe next. And you all know that nobody is gona be able to drive that, there gona have to get the owner to drive it like they did with the porche gt at princeton porche.

BMWLotAttendant 10-23-2005 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiburn
We just got our 1st one in at out warehouse. SHould be at the dealer sometime this week maybe next. And you all know that nobody is gona be able to drive that, there gona have to get the owner to drive it like they did with the porche gt at princeton porche.

Hmmm, I have doubts about that, but you are right to some degree. We are going to call the doctor who's car it is. But how it normally happens...is the transport driver drives the new cars to our service drive. I check them in. Inspecting them all over for damage....and if everything is ok. Then I get the books/information out of them and then get an RO from the manager and then I move them to the "work line". From there, the techs drive the car inside the service shop...and finish the inspection. From there, it goes to sales...or wherever. So I don't see the point in letting the customer drive the car inside or wherever to be inspected.

oh well, I just want to see the new M5. If I get to drive it...that would just be a bonus. :D

Rooz 10-23-2005 02:16 PM

I'd definetly give a nut for an 06 M5 or M6..... :lol

BMWLotAttendant 02-03-2006 08:37 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Pics of another M5

craig 02-03-2006 09:10 PM

i might be going down to lawrance next month, i will defenitly stop by and test drive on of those :rock if you have one that is...

Antiburn 02-05-2006 06:02 PM

I fially got to drive one on wed, it was due for its 1200 mile oil service. On all M5's theres already a recall out for the oil lines which lead to the vannos. They tend to blow appart spraying oil everywhere. But parts didnt have it so we didnt do it. But after we were done its a requirement to drive it, all I can say is that you get chills and feel oddly nervous after driving one. They are increadibly fast and the handeling is so unbelivable its almost near impossible to get DSC to come on. And they sound so nice at 8grand, 2nd gear pulls so hard your amazed that the tires hold. You can only floor it upto 3rd gear because by then your already doing 90+mph. Im not sure if anyone one is aware of this option yet but the seats, like the heated seats it has 3 stages, the side bolsters are controled by a motor, so when you turn left the right side bolster huggs you so you dont move as much. Its the same for the passanger seat as well.

BMWLotAttendant 02-20-2006 11:41 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Some more, hope you don't mind. :rolleyes

BMWLotAttendant 02-20-2006 11:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
2 More

Storamin 04-01-2006 06:26 PM

how do you need to learn how to program it? what does that entail?