United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Got pulled over, AGAIN (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4240)

Rooz 10-05-2005 08:15 PM

Got pulled over, AGAIN

:lol ok, this time it was kind of my fault...

Was on my way home from work, get to a light, and I hear sirens and flashing red lights behind me, I was in the left lane and the ambulance was driving in emergency lane, so I got as close to the right lane as possible (there was a car in it) and figured ok, that's done with... light turns green, and after like 10 seconds of driving (was probably doing ~ 35 ish) I see a fire truck coming up fast with emergency lights on... so I floor it get to like 75 pass the traffic to my right and get in right lane and stopped.

The fire truck drove by and traffic went back to normal, I get to the next light and all a sudden I see a cop driving VERY fast and get's right behind me and turns his flashing lights on :doh

I of course knew why... so I was like, F---k it, I stopped right there, at the red light and put my car in park... the cop is talking on his radio and then comes up to me...

"Do you know what the speed limit is in this area"
"Yes sir, it's 45"
"Ok, license and registration please"
Hand them to him
"Ok, now do you also know that I do not have to clock you to give you a speeding ticket?"
"Humm, actually, no, I did not know that"
"Ok, well, I was a few cars down when you decided to drive fast all a sudden, but I didn't clock you, however it was obvious you weren't doing 45mph"
"Oh, really?"
"Well, just don't do it again, have a nice day"
"Ok, thanks officer"

:lol he basically just wasted my time... Even if he had given me a ticket, I mean, what a moron, I was just trying to get out of the Fire truck's way... But I didn't tell him that since I knew he didn't clock me, I didn't want to admit I was speeding ;)

:redspotda

DEATH2000 10-05-2005 08:29 PM

at least u didnt get a ticket. If he was going to i woulda argued u were trying to get out the fire trucks way, theyll usually let u go. But burn for u cause ive only been pulled over once for a seatbelt infraction. I took my jacket off a red light and i was putting my seatbelt on as the light turned green.

Dudesky 10-05-2005 08:43 PM

You should have asked the stupid bastard if he noticed the fire truck hauling ass behind you.

voca 10-05-2005 08:54 PM

if the fire truck was behind you with flashing lights, you can legally do any speed you want. at least that's how it is in washington state.

catalyst 10-05-2005 09:06 PM

Thats pretty stupid..

I got pulled over 2 days ago too.. i was in my dads wagon cause my car has its suspension all pulled apart, anyway i was racing back home at like 11:00 cause i had to finish a report and the my dads detector goes off.. i didnt even slow down tho cause it was such a weak signal and the thing always gets fooled by random shit..

So i just blow this cop at 15+ over (65-70) in a 50.. i was just like fuuckkkk (he obviously clocked me).. i pulled right over and before he had his lights/siren on i had stopped my car, i threw the detector on the passenger seat and put my sweatshirt over it, pulled the registration and my license and turned the cabin lights on before he was out of his car.. he comes over and just asks for the reg/lic, no unneeded gay cop talk at all, he takes em back to the cruiser then 3 mins later he comes back and just says (and i qoute) Slow it down down man.. he smiles and i was completely stunned.. i said thank you twice as it sunk in, then he just walked away.

It was seriously a gift from god.. he knew i was speeding, had me clocked, and could have fucked me anally if he wanted to. 20 bucks says had i been in my car i would have gotten a ticket though, the soccer mom wagon owns all.

Rooz 10-05-2005 09:23 PM

Yeah, that cop wasn't gay either, but obviously didn't realize why I was speeding.

But is what he said true? Can he actually give me a speeding ticket without clocking me? TO me it sounds like BS bcs you can be driving faster than rest of traffic yet still be within speed limit, take for example my style of driving, I tend to accelerate fast once the light turns green and get to 45-50 or whatever the speed limit is faster than the rest of the people...

DEATH2000 10-05-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooz
Yeah, that cop wasn't gay either, but obviously didn't realize why I was speeding.

But is what he said true? Can he actually give me a speeding ticket without clocking me? TO me it sounds like BS bcs you can be driving faster than rest of traffic yet still be within speed limit, take for example my style of driving, I tend to accelerate fast once the light turns green and get to 45-50 or whatever the speed limit is faster than the rest of the people...

they can here in Calgary, on the tickets they give u here they have a section for the speed were they check off a box of how they clocked u and one of them is "estimated" so its kinda gay.

nick_318is 10-05-2005 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooz

I dont know if they can do that or not and I do not have the time to research it now. But I would think that since he did not clock you he has no official evidence of you speeding. Granted if it is something like this they may have the power to stop you because you were (in their opinion) Blatently speeding.

dinanM6 10-05-2005 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEATH2000
at least u didnt get a ticket. If he was going to i woulda argued u were trying to get out the fire trucks way, theyll usually let u go. But burn for u cause ive only been pulled over once for a seatbelt infraction. I took my jacket off a red light and i was putting my seatbelt on as the light turned green.

It could have been a lot worse if the cop had seen the 5 inch combat knife in the passengers footwell

Linds 10-05-2005 11:04 PM

I think in PA they can give you a ticket if they think you were speeding but they don't call it speeding. I think they give you reckless or careless driving, kind of the same as if they caught you doing a burnout.

xsperf 10-06-2005 01:01 AM

yea, as linds said, they can give you a ticket, but its for "reckless driving" like if your weaving through traffic, thats reckless driving, even if ur not speeding

oh btw good job, you played it smart

Rooz 10-06-2005 01:03 AM

^^ Got a lot of experience being pulled over :lol

Spieluhr 10-06-2005 01:39 AM

Haven't been pulled over yet *knock on wood*

In WA you are legally required to keep up with the pace of traffic. So if everyone is doing 70 in a 60, you better keep up. They will pull you over for going too slow, or being in the wrong lane. But unfortunately I don't see enough of that.

I remember Delmarco or someone had a thread where they were pulled over and the cop had been trained to clock you by eye. I bet his opinion would hold up in court and you could still get a ticket. The only problem is how much to ticket you for because he doesn't know EXACTLY how fast you were going.

nreno88 12-30-2005 05:11 AM

the way it works is they can use radar if they have it, they can pace you which is really fun in a slick top (way hard to spot of they are not the inverted color cars without light racks, or if they see the flow of traffic with you blitzing through it they can also write you. so basicaly they can do what they want. my room mate got a ticket for excessivly loud music fought it and lost i laughed at him for days.

Dudesky 12-30-2005 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nreno88
my room mate got a ticket for excessivly loud music fought it and lost i laughed at him for days.

I got one of those some years back, and I won. Cop was a fricken idiot . . I was driving a Jeep and the top was down. What was I supposed to do, wear headphones?! :lol