United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW General Discussion (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I hate BMW sales person. (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4058)

zeaq328i 09-29-2005 09:14 AM

I hate BMW sales person.

The other day, I sent my BMW for compressor change. Since it’s not an easy job to do, I have to wait 4 hours at QAF (BMW Dealer). It’s not practical for me to go home since I live 45 minutes away. While waiting, off course I’ll take the opportunity to see the new BMW models since I’m a BMW enthusiast. The mechanic guys are ok except for the salesgirls, I just sat in the showroom’s new BMW model, and they looked at me angrily like if that’s their car. Well at first I didn’t know but when I ask for the brochures, she just fiercely replied “FINISHED”. I said “OK”, in my mind “Bullshit”. When my BMW is ready, I asked the mechanic and they went in the office and just give it easily to me.
I don’t mind actually, but I just hate their arrogance when they only serve VIPs.

So I guess they are looking down on my 1997 BMW. *sigh* .When going out of QAF, I saw her getting in her Nissan Sunny, corolla whatever. I almost wind down my car window and shouted “HEY, YOU DRIVE A FUCKING NISSAN” but since I drive a BMW, I must show some class.

~END~ :D

Cellardoor 09-29-2005 09:17 AM

lol nice job on showing the restraint :) but it seems to me that that woman wont be makeing very many sales in her life if she makes a habbit of treating customers like shit. If i were u i would have told her she just lost a sale because ur father was planning on buying a new BMW and asked u to check some out while u were there lol

-Hutch-

zeaq328i 09-29-2005 09:47 AM

Well everybody knows the attitude of her though. She only serves VIPs like the Royal Family cousins, top government official and very rich businessman. That’s why she sees the middle class people like shit.
I like the Mechanics, they are friendly and helpful. Actually customers are not allowed to go into the workshop but they invited me in. They showed me the new compressor installed.

german speed demon 09-29-2005 10:59 AM

So, let me get this right...She looks down her nose at you, being "middle-class" in her opinion, and then she walks out to her nissan? Sounds like someone needs a reality check. It shouldn't matter who you are, or what class you are for that matter, there's a little something called "equality" that everyone should understand.

Perhaps you should slip a beer into her car for her, and then notify security. I mean, you do need to handle this with class, after all.

j/k
Dave

projal147 09-29-2005 11:01 AM

^^wait she services VIP's and only drives a shitty Nissan?... thats messed up. She must be spending her money on other things than a car.

komodo 09-29-2005 11:43 AM

I hate people like that. We all know the type.

However I don't think I've ever been to a car dealership and been treated poorly. Even as a teenager walking into a ferrari dealership, they were nice, explaining things and laughing saying come back in a few years. ;)

zeaq328i 09-29-2005 12:01 PM

The entire staff (except for the CEO) at the BMW dealer can’t afford a BMW since their salary is about $800- $1 200 / month. Just divide by 1.7 is US dollars. It is normal to get this type of treatment especially in the BMW, Rover, Audi, VW and Porsche showroom. Good thing we don’t have an Exotics car showroom. I bet the salesperson would be more arrogant.

Some showroom is different. Let’s take an e.g. If I were to go to an Audi showroom now and I use a normal Japanese, the sales person would not entertained you. If I use the BMW or the Mercedes, they straight away give you their business card or offer a test drive.

Lexus and Toyota showroom here has the best service here. They don’t care who you are or what car you’re using. They treat you like a king like first class service; they serve coffee when entering their showroom. That’s why Lexus are selling great here.

It’s different over here.

german speed demon 09-29-2005 12:06 PM

I think the main thing going throuhg my mind after reading that, Zea, is the it shouldn't be different. If your in the service industry, anywhere, you should act like it to everyone, not just some. When i worked for honda, (yes, i did), you treated everyone with due respect, regardless. I had to be nice to people i wouldn't buy a bottle of water for if they were dying of dehydration. It just goes along with the job.

Dave

zeaq328i 09-29-2005 12:28 PM

You’re right but I’m just piss off at the salesgirl who didn’t want me to give the BMW 6 series brochure (Got it through the mechanic).
They would always think why wasting precious time on a person who will not buy the $ 100 000-$300 000 car. Since they are experienced sales person, they know how to see potential customers(VIPs).
I can’t blame them though.They have a hard time selling a $100 000- $300 000 range cars.

witeshark 09-29-2005 02:00 PM

That seems a bit weird to treat anyone like that. Possible future customer :dunno

komodo 09-29-2005 02:13 PM

That's amazing. It's a whole different world over there... very, very intriguing. You're saying some people in the BMW dealership only make like $6,000 USD per year? I bet here the people who wash the cars at the BMW dealership make at least $20-30,000 a year.

Zea, you've never been to America have you? How much would a ticket cost to/from america and Brunei?

RealBmw 02 09-29-2005 02:45 PM

that is very interesting that any salesperson would treat any possibly customer with disrespect. I have never been to a dealership over here and not been greated and asked if I was looking for anything in particular. Even when I was in HS they would still try to get a sale out of me. That's their job and they know they must be professional in order to succeed.

Longhairedhippy 09-29-2005 03:05 PM

damn. I know how you feel, though. It sucks to be looked down upon by salespeople. While my mom was having her Volvo serviced, I walked next door to he Bentley dealer and started looking around. The whole time I was in the showroom, i could just feel everyone staring at me. Same thing when I go to the Ferrari dealer to look around. What's funny, though, is that the people that own these cars are rarely as uptight. one of my dad's clients owns an Enzo, and answered all my questions about it and even took me for a brief spin in it, despite the grubby firesuit I was wearing (we were at a race). Meanwhile, if I go to the local BMW dealer with my mom (she pays for the parts, thank god), they always address me when discussing the car and even answer my questions about the new models. I even had one person tell me to come back in a few months and they'd let me sit in the e60 M5 when it came in.

zeaq328i 09-29-2005 03:11 PM

In Europe, USA or any developed nations, I have notice their government set a standard salary. The salary must be 1000 and above. Below than that, it violated the labour laws. Over here, there’s no such law as “standard salary 1000 and above”.
Many house maids from Philippines, labours from India. They’ve worked maybe night and day for 1 month. End of the month, they only get like BND$250.
That’s the main difference between here and there.

Komodo,
Next year (September 2006) I’ll be in the UK for two years. Maybe after the two years (Finish degree) and get a full job, I would like to visit some country like Germany, USA. Tickets will be costly from here to any far destination.
My aunt did visit the states in 2003, at the US immigration she was ask to take her shoe and headscarf off. She felt intermediated. No plans of visiting there again.

zeaq328i 09-29-2005 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhairedhippy
damn. I know how you feel, though. It sucks to be looked down upon by salespeople. While my mom was having her Volvo serviced, I walked next door to he Bentley dealer and started looking around. The whole time I was in the showroom, i could just feel everyone staring at me. Same thing when I go to the Ferrari dealer to look around. What's funny, though, is that the people that own these cars are rarely as uptight. one of my dad's clients owns an Enzo, and answered all my questions about it and even took me for a brief spin in it, despite the grubby firesuit I was wearing (we were at a race). Meanwhile, if I go to the local BMW dealer with my mom (she pays for the parts, thank god), they always address me when discussing the car and even answer my questions about the new models. I even had one person tell me to come back in a few months and they'd let me sit in the e60 M5 when it came in.

That's great. Well there's no Bentley or Ferrari dealer here.There's no market on such cars here.Only the Sultan owns them.The Ferrari reprsentive flies in here and go to the royal palace to inform the king about the new models.