United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Alpina 318i....explain this to me (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3580)

delmarco 09-10-2005 11:19 AM

Alpina 318i....explain this to me
 
Is this possible?
http://www.nk.rim.or.jp/%7Eelle/bmw/...frame_width=90

If so? what mods am I looking do to get my 318i worthy of the alpina badge:
http://images.andale.com/f2/103/123/...NA_Letters.jpg
http://www.alpina-automobile.de/cms/...40/b8e36_3.jpg
http://www.alpina-automobile.de/cms/...40/b8e36_2.jpg
http://www.alpina-automobile.de/cms/...40/b8e36_1.jpg

brien4787 09-10-2005 11:27 AM

wtf delmarco?

xsperf 09-10-2005 11:30 AM

i dont know but ill start you off

1: m5 engine

xsperf 09-10-2005 11:31 AM

oh, and 2: manual transmission

brien4787 09-10-2005 11:35 AM

^ hahaa
or you can just buy it off the net... haha i think people have been selling the DINAN badge for what, 400 dollars? ahah

delmarco 09-10-2005 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brien4787
^ hahaa
or you can just buy it off the net... haha i think people have been selling the DINAN badge for what, 400 dollars? ahah

yeah, I've seen those DINAN badges sell for like $342 with $20 for shipping and handling. And what's wild you'll see like 37 people bidding on them and willing to pay rent money for 5 chrome letters...

There is one guy that sells IDANN letters jumbled up and tells you that you can re-arrange them however you want....hint hint hint...IDNAN ADNNI DINAN

ha ha ha ha I guess he does that so he wouldn't get sued or something...still it's interesting...

so an alpina 318i is somewhat impossible...huh?

zeaq328i 09-10-2005 01:43 PM

Take a sliver crome tape and use a box cutter to make the letters "A L P I N A"That saves you money :D J/k.

BTW, Alpina cars have alpina roundel,bodykits.

voca 09-10-2005 02:03 PM

alpina doesn't give out badges to the public for people that just buy alpina parts like dinan does. alpina is a tuning company and if you want an alpina badge you have to buy an alpina bmw.

or you can buy a fake one (or genuine if you're lucky) on ebay or wherever, but I would hate you for it.

brien4787 09-10-2005 02:30 PM

spray paint and stencil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orrr, just, like, save your money for that 5er you want...

delmarco 09-10-2005 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voca
alpina doesn't give out badges to the public for people that just buy alpina parts like dinan does. alpina is a tuning company and if you want an alpina badge you have to buy an alpina bmw.

or you can buy a fake one (or genuine if you're lucky) on ebay or wherever, but I would hate you for it.

you are right...
but there is an Alpina 318i and an Alpina 318ti
see here
http://www.tuning-bmw.ru/alpina-ofice-1.jpg

That you can special order from the ALPINA plant....

Alpina usually means the engine has been modded to yield about 10% to 30% HP increasaed.

delmarco 09-10-2005 03:44 PM

Here is a 318ic at the plant being worked on....
it will probably go out to it's new owner with 195 or more HP!
http://www.tuning-bmw.ru/alpina-ofice-2.jpg

link here:
http://www.tuning-bmw.ru/index-7.html

voca 09-10-2005 04:09 PM

hmmm..

you have an english link?

I'm pretty sure that the only 318i alpina ever did was in the e21 platform. I could be wrong.

the first pic looks like a b10, a b3 3.0, and a b3 touring.

the next pic looks like a b3 3.0/3.2

either way it's really hard to get an alpina car in america.

delmarco 09-10-2005 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voca
hmmm..

you have an english link?

I'm pretty sure that the only 318i alpina ever did was in the e21 platform. I could be wrong.

the first pic looks like a b10, a b3 3.0, and a b3 touring.

the next pic looks like a b3 3.0/3.2

either way it's really hard to get an alpina car in america.

so if I was to badge my car with an ALPINA tag on the trunk lid...
it would look stupid? right? :dunno

Spieluhr 09-10-2005 04:33 PM

^^^YES

that's like putting an M badge on your 318, only worse.

Rooz 09-10-2005 04:39 PM

Not trying to sound like an idiot, but I have never heard of an Alpina Bmw...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2005-2013 UnitedBimmer.com