United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Luckiest man alive at the moment (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3366)

Numark318i 08-26-2005 08:18 PM

Luckiest man alive at the moment

..ok
so i was going about 45-50 in a 45 zone and this vw somethign was on my ass. There was an uphill section of road coming..so i jsut took off. The speedlimit was changing from 45-55. So i took it up to about 80..then i slowed down before the crest of the hill. I was going about 75..and this sherrif sees me. Im like FUCK. Of course he cuts off traffic and comes after me like i just killed someone..lol. Still no lights btw. So yea..i set cruise control at 55..and just go. All the way home..about 15 min he follows me. Im asuming he ran plates and found out(if he can) that i got no tickets, and my mom has no tickets on our reords(my dad..well one more ticket for him and he looses his license). But either way..no ticket. oh god..im so incredibly lucky. ..funny thing is..i know someone who got a ticket from a sherrif in teh area for going 62 in a 55. My dad got a ticket for 71 in a 55 also. so yea..luck..christ.
BTW i was in teh 330.

Spieluhr 08-26-2005 08:48 PM

that type of thing has happened 2-3 times in the past month or so. scares the shit out of you.

xsperf 08-26-2005 09:11 PM

yeah but you gotta remember, if you see a cop, and you were speeding and he pulls out, dont slow down because he will just catch up to you, one time, i was goin and there was this cop on a side road, i didnt see him, my brother was with us and he pointed out that that was a cop, see i was driving along, the cop was giong to take a right turn(opposite direction) and he took a left turn, it was at night so i coudlnt tell he was a cop, but my brother pointed it out, so instead of slowing down we went like 70 all the way home, b/c otherwise he would have caught up and screwed us

devinwwu 08-26-2005 11:45 PM

70 won't get them off you, if you're gonna run, run hard or don't run at all and act inconspcuous, either way you are assuming some risk, but i haven't run ever and only have one ticket. it pays big to be attentive when behind the wheel and most importantly the pedal!

xsperf 08-27-2005 12:36 AM

well it did for that time, we were 2 minuets away from home anyway, actually 30 seconds

donald1476 08-27-2005 12:11 PM

75 in a 55 = Don't run.

nick_318is 08-27-2005 12:18 PM

I had this happen to me the other night, I was on campus and the cops were out looking for people to give tickets to. I make a turn and of coarse the cop I saw starts following me, and I'm thinking damnit hes gonna find some reason to give me a ticket (I was going the speed limit and following obeying all laws to not give him a reason to do it.) I think he ran my plates and saw that the car had no tickets, and then he left me alone. The thing that made me really thank god was when I got back to my appartment and I looked on my desk my walet was sitting there, so Had I been pulled over I would not have had my license and would have been screwed.

Numark318i 08-27-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donald1476
75 in a 55 = Don't run.

oh i kno...lol
running...well there wa sas 1 mile staright...and there arent that many roads around this area..the cops will own ur ass. doesnt matter they will catch u in that area if u run.

yea nick_318 i kno how that feels.

i guess its just the anticipation...is he going to pull u over or not.

heh..last night after i wrote this..i drove by the same cop with my e30 around 60-65..he ran myplates again im assuming and nothing.
There were so many drunks ont he way home last night..ridiculous. Luckly the cops were pulling alot of people over.