United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Car Audio and Electronics (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   e30 wiring harness (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2189)

cu89e30 06-30-2005 12:02 AM

e30 wiring harness

does anyone have a radio wiring harness diagram for a 1989 e30 325i? :thanks

Dudesky 06-30-2005 05:21 AM

At the Head Unit:
Constant 12V+ Red/White
Switched 12V+ Purple/White
Ground Brown
Antenna White
Rt (+) Blue
Lf (+) Yellow
Rt (-) Blue/Brown
Lt (-) Yellow/Brown

At the Fader Control:
Rt Front (+) Blue/Red
Lt Front (+) Yellow/Red
Rt Rear (+) Blue/Black
Lt Rear (+) Yellow/Black
All (-) leads should be further down this wire harness, or follow each to their respective speakers to find the (-)'s.

HTH :)

witeshark 07-23-2006 06:02 PM

Note: Stuck this for a while cause it was buried

maximk2 04-23-2007 12:59 AM

At the Head Unit:
Constant 12V+ Red/White
Switched 12V+ Purple/White
Ground Brown
Antenna White
Rt (+) Blue
Lf (+) Yellow
Rt (-) Blue/Brown
Lt (-) Yellow/Brown

At the Fader Control:
Rt Front (+) Blue/Red
Lt Front (+) Yellow/Red
Rt Rear (+) Blue/Black
Lt Rear (+) Yellow/Black
All (-) leads should be further down this wire harness, or follow each to their respective speakers to find the (-)'s.

Sorry, but what do you mean by"fader control"?

elsabor67 04-23-2007 01:17 AM

Fader control is a little button (sorta) that when turned would fade either to the front or back speakers. Not all BMW's came with it, as mine didn't have that option.

celsdogg 04-23-2007 07:46 AM

neither of mine did either.

it was a button/switch that was next to the hazard and rear defroster buttons.

maximk2 04-23-2007 10:53 PM

What I am having a big problem with is putting a deck in my 93 325i. Everything seems right by the deck- there are different sets of wires, seems like each set would go to a speaker (now i did find all the proper deck-powering wires. When i start hooking up the speakers.....well.....nothing happens. For example, the front right speaker uses blue wires. There are two of these wires that i can hook up to the deck, but there is also a tweeter, which is hooked up by its own set of wires by the speaker. Each set i found in the door panel was blue but had different color stripe than the ones by the deck. This makes me assume that there is some kind of amp or hub that would create all these tweeter leads. If so, where would it be so i could beat the living fuck out of it for leaving me without music all weekend long?

PS- actually i would just prolly make the damn thing work properly

1985 325E 05-08-2007 01:24 PM

I too am running into an issue. Seems the Bimmer I bought HAD a power antenna, but the previous owner removed the motor. I was trying to re-install a power antenna, however the "wire" that comes out of the back of the deck, I do not know which wire to hook to. Color's I have seen in previous postings seem to all say white. Is it plain white? No lines or stripes on it? I have the antennea installed, and hooked up in the trunk, but I can't get switched power to it.

Numark318i 05-08-2007 01:43 PM

my antenna wire is just coaxal type cable.

celsdogg 05-08-2007 03:54 PM

^^^ it is white. the white lead is what tells the antenna to go up. the coax is for the actual receiving the signal with the antenna.

calvin707 03-29-2009 01:16 AM

E30 Wiring Harness / Deck Upgrades

Hey all, new member here, first post. Just picked up a beat up a 1986 325es and I went to try and swap out the factory deck for a new Kenwood model, and ran into a bunch of problems.

Read all the posts on here, AFTER I did most of the work already. So far I've removed the fader unit, the factory amp and am working to rewire the whole thing with a new deck, new speakers, new amp and sub. It's quite a pain!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1679671546

If I can answer any questions let me know, I think I kind of reinvented the wheel here, but lots of good info online as well.

Thanks!
Dan