United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Clover Field (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13823)

Numark318i 01-19-2008 09:15 PM

Clover Field

whose seen it?

I watched it last night. One of the better movies i have ever seen.

I like the way it was filmed, and the directing/cuts etc...were to my liking.

discuss?

woobiee 01-19-2008 10:12 PM

it was good.

although i liked the handheld style (works well with the movie), but at times it was just too much.

craig 01-19-2008 10:31 PM

wtf is it about anyway?

Numark318i 01-20-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woobiee (Post 160930)
it was good.

although i liked the handheld style (works well with the movie), but at times it was just too much.

i found myself turning my head with the tilt of the camera. haha.

got annoying when i realized i was doing that. That and the few scenes when the camera was upside down...that got me.

The movies about...well wait go watch it.

Monster. Love story.Friends. death. good CGI. interesting cinemagraphy (spelling)

Dan 01-20-2008 12:00 PM

i wanted to punch myself in the balls after 45 minutes in and a few people actually walked out in disguist.

when the movie ended, people were like: WTF?? that's.......... it?????????????

humor and a little bit of the action was the only saving grace for me. this movie: 1.5 out of 5 stars

Numark318i 01-20-2008 02:18 PM

weird.

I really liked it.

where do you live?

Exilion 01-20-2008 03:34 PM

Ah I loved it and hated it at the same time. It was enjoyable in the way it was totally different from any movie I've ever seen, however the main characters seemed ridiculously stupid. Basically I liked Hud at the same time I found his idiocy annoying as hell at other times. It was like a two year old was narrating the film. All in all it was a good monster movie and you can't expect smart characters because then it would be very short and boring. Good rental but not worth $10. Oh and yes the CG was awesome :thumbup

pj69pl 01-20-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numark318i (Post 160938)
got annoying when i realized i was doing that. That and the few scenes when the camera was upside down...that got me.
(spelling)

i would wanna see you standing on ur head trying to watch the movie
LOL!

nick_318is 01-20-2008 04:37 PM

I saw it last night, I liked it and disliked it at the same time. I think it was a cool vantage point for a movie but there were times when I wanted some real camera work and not all the shaking around and stuff like that. For what the movie was I was pretty happy.

Dudesky 01-20-2008 05:16 PM

Blair Witch on steroids. Way too much camera shake, That effect is way overused these days. Heh . . a video camera with no image stabilization, but it has infrared and records in digital surround :lol

Numark318i 01-20-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudesky (Post 160996)
Blair Witch on steroids. Way too much camera shake, That effect is way overused these days. Heh . . a video camera with no image stabilization, but it has infrared and records in digital surround :lol

also...that thing had uber batteries.

woobiee 01-20-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numark318i (Post 161002)
also...that thing had uber batteries.

well maybe not actually. there are cuts; 7 hour event condensed into 90min tape / battery.

however, i think it was fake in the fact that the camera survived all that chaos. dropping a camera will certainly off track the tape mechanism.

nick_318is 01-21-2008 07:31 AM

I heard that it was called cloverfeild becasue it is supposidly the last level in the Rampage arcade game. I doubt its true but i think its a more interesting story then hearing that it was the name of the exit to JJ Abrahms office.

Numark318i 01-21-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woobiee (Post 161012)
well maybe not actually. there are cuts; 7 hour event condensed into 90min tape / battery.

however, i think it was fake in the fact that the camera survived all that chaos. dropping a camera will certainly off track the tape mechanism.

true.

and nick...hahha. thats proly trrue.

never thought it of like rampage. nice

Dan 01-21-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woobiee (Post 161012)

what if it's one of those HD or non-volitile memory cams?