United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Raced a Porsche and R32. (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13075)

Numark318i 11-07-2007 11:21 PM

Raced a Porsche and R32.

so i was int eh city...checking out the Dj Mixer i want to get. Also did some photography.

anyway...coming home. 7.15pm just got off 101 and into the city to go across Van Ness.

I was following a new R32(no plates yet) off of the freeway. I end up behind him..and a new Carrera 4S pulls up next to us. I et behind him from behind the R32 and the light goes green. All three of us...didnt even look at each other...just WOT. Porsche takes off of course...his exhaust is loud as hell..but doesnt pull as hard as i thought he would. R32 is up with me.

We swerve through some traffic for a block or two. We get to a light, R32 is next to me and porsche is in front of me...anotehr car in front of the R32. I tell the R32 hes got a nice car..and off again. POrsche takes off once again.

Were really at it this time..im going like 70..heh, porsche is a few car lenghts ahead in the same lane(im sure he wasnt on it the entire time like i was) and theres a set of rail road tracks, which last time i was in the city i jumpe dmy car on. Did it again this time. Porsche back tires are slightly off the ground, as im sure mine were. ahh..was classic. Tried to keep up with the porsche to no avail...he had the city driving on me..and power of course.

Came to a light with the R32, we talk for a bit, we talk about what a nut case the Porsche driver was..and we go seperate ways.

Gotta love the city.

witeshark 11-07-2007 11:31 PM

Wow, that's amazing :movie

m3flyer 11-07-2007 11:44 PM

Nothing personal but...

...IMHO racing on city streets is very unwise and extremely unsafe...:crazy

Nice storytelling skills though !:shades

Numark318i 11-07-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3flyer (Post 156295)
...IMHO racing on city streets is very unwise and extremely unsafe...:crazy

Nice storytelling skills though !:shades

heh...agreed. It wasnt fast and the furious style. I did not do to much swerving..most of the speeding was done with no otehr cars around.

celsdogg 11-08-2007 07:07 AM

^^^ there is a fine line between street racing and the crap that we do, and a lot of us do it here, including myself :drive2

but we know the diff, so its g2g :)

crazy stuff tho, and very kick ass!

denyo77 11-08-2007 08:45 AM

I wouldn't really call it street racing, this shit is cool and okay with me. Props to your driving skills

Rooz 11-08-2007 09:42 AM

Good story :)

celsdogg 11-08-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denyo77 (Post 156309)
I wouldn't really call it street racing, this shit is cool and okay with me. Props to your driving skills

+1. thats what i was trying to say.

Numark318i 11-08-2007 10:55 AM

heh. yea it wasnt "street racing".

Dont condone that at all...

but its fun to try and take a guy from a light. or just keep up with a driving similar to urself. I dont run into too many people who drive like me..all boring drivers

Dr1ve4fun 11-08-2007 12:11 PM

^^OMG they are all so boring I think they are sleeping or something. The other day I went with my mom down to southern AZ and I was on a 2 lane road that had a few passing spots. Traffic got real backed up behind this one guy going 10 under and none of the people would pass him...:angry So I passed them all in one sweep because nobody would let me back in either. It was a total of 5 vehicles, all but one were large pickup trucks, going uphill in a mega-shitty four cylinder Chevrolet Malibu rental car. :drive2 Then later that day I went up to phoenix with her on I-10. I was going 90-100 with a an IS300 until we came up to some traffic and I got passed it all and he didn't. Seriously though some people just need to learn how to wake up and drive. :sleep

Don't get me wrong I don't mean that I think they should all drive exactly like me, which is fast and easy on the car I rarely floor it to get up to speed. They just need to pay more attention and not be stupid.

nick_318is 11-08-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numark318i (Post 156289)
and theres a set of rail road tracks, which last time i was in the city i jumpe dmy car on. Did it again this time. Porsche back tires are slightly off the ground, as im sure mine were. ahh..was classic.

Maybe this is why you have suspension issues so regularly. ;)

Numark318i 11-10-2007 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_318is (Post 156348)
Maybe this is why you have suspension issues so regularly. ;)

heh prolly. Although i still dont think people unserstand i drive 30 miles of mountain twisties to get anywhere

xsperf 11-10-2007 05:10 PM

so did you burn the R32 or not?

MTurboPower3 11-10-2007 05:45 PM

thats cool, we all know that the 4s was fast, but how was the R32?

Numark318i 11-10-2007 07:06 PM

Umm..well it sounded like the guy didnt know how to drive it correctly yet. The exhaust was loud so i could here is lack of clutch slipping knowledge for the car.

I wouldnt say i took him as much as i just out drove him. We were tied around 25-50 then he had to slow cause of another car. I would assume its faster though.