United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rant Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Son of a.. (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13028)

Numark318i 11-04-2007 01:46 PM

Son of a..

yea.

At this point im very glad i live at home.

mechanic called me to inform me that my water pump and thermostat are screwed on my 330. Godamit. The pump was replaced at 55thousand miles..and it needs another now.(guess it should have been expected) at 130k.

another couple hundred down the drain.

so now im only doing the control arm bushings. and the thermostat.

basically i have 0 dollars left. and the bills are stacking up. I just paid the car insurance for one of the cars. registration is due in a week for the other. Gas is $3.25 or regular.
Im getting over a cold. just missed two days at work..so taht wont help my financial troubles.

k end of random rant. :bsflag

witeshark 11-04-2007 03:16 PM

When these things all come about at the same time :ranting But they all have to end too :sweating

Linds 11-05-2007 09:31 AM

I hate how stuff like that all happens at once. That's exactly how my summer's been. My mp3 player, um, broke...ok I left it on top of my car, started driving, it fell onto the road and got run over by a car, lol. Also, my laptop broke and then my radiator exploded all over I-90 in Chicago. Fun stuff, lol.

Numark318i 11-05-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linds (Post 155999)
I hate how stuff like that all happens at once. That's exactly how my summer's been. My mp3 player, um, broke...ok I left it on top of my car, started driving, it fell onto the road and got run over by a car, lol. Also, my laptop broke and then my radiator exploded all over I-90 in Chicago. Fun stuff, lol.

heh no good

bah. bah. black sheep..lol.

anyway..shit. gonna pick up the beast today..and drop of the last of my coin. :bluecry1

atleast im going to europe.

Montizzle 325i 11-05-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linds (Post 155999)

That was an eventful day haha. I remember saying "ummm, is that your purse in the road?" But :( when you called and told me your car 'sploded :(

Dudesky 11-05-2007 12:19 PM

Been there a few times. Just hang in there. Like Witey says, it all has to end . . the ebb & flow of life.

Numark318i 11-05-2007 11:21 PM

so i got my car back tonight.

I ended up buying the control arms...cause otherwise there was a 10% restocking fee. They came from ohio.

So..for $950 I got(which...was a lot less then i thought it was going to be.)

-new electric thermostat installed
-new upper coolant hose installed
-new metal impellar water pump installed
-new Control arm Bushings installed
-two control arms not installed but they are mine. I think ill install them
-new coolant
-clock was reset for daylight savings time

boo yah. Not half bad seeing how all the parts were great quality. He also showed me all the old parts. The old water pump wa a plastic impellar and corroded like none other. CABs were visually worn.

New CABs drive like a dream..comapred to the old ones. Now its time for the control arms..which i can get installed for $75 or just do them myself.
Just need an alignment

But still...fuck..no more money. But fixed up Bimmer.

compactdisc 11-06-2007 01:05 AM

Just had t-stat and pump replaced on 325 yesterday, 450 w/ 75.00 tow, I share your sorrow. : (

Dudesky 11-06-2007 05:16 AM

Hey Numark, remember this thread? I remember you saying that you had the same sound coming from your engine. Did the w/p replacement fix that, or is it still something else?

Numark318i 11-06-2007 09:20 AM

yea...that was the sound.

had been making noise for about 5thousand miles.

get ready dudesky

Linds 11-06-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montizzle 325i (Post 156003)
That was an eventful day haha. I remember saying "ummm, is that your purse in the road?" But :( when you called and told me your car 'sploded :(

Actually, you said "is that your clutch in the road?" and I was pushing the one in the car in with my foot thinking "um, no, I think it's still in the car." :lol3
Obviously, you were talking about my other clutch.

Montizzle 325i 11-06-2007 02:09 PM

haha oh yeah. Well, im sure we are both glad that i somehow saw that

Linds 11-06-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montizzle 325i (Post 156118)
haha oh yeah. Well, im sure we are both glad that i somehow saw that

Yeah, that was amazing. You have uber-vision skills.

Dudesky 11-06-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numark318i (Post 156079)
yea...that was the sound.

had been making noise for about 5thousand miles.

get ready dudesky

Great :uhoh Thanks. I think. Wish I knew that before I went and got an iPod and a DICE integration kit.