United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Feedback (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Admin/Mod Names (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11979)

nick_318is 08-03-2007 09:40 AM

Admin/Mod Names

Admins is it possible to remove the bolding in the admin and mod titles, the color are fine but you guys don't need to stand out. You should be one of us, I put this in here because I have seen it in a few threads and from some of the Mods as well.

Also admins you don't need to be hidden, when you banned my posting ability none of you were shown as being active on here, there should be no reason that you need to hide from us when you are on even if your only tweaking the site.

Thanks,

Nick

Chris 08-03-2007 09:55 AM

Very good question. To be completely honest, we're working on a minor site redesign to liven up the look of the sight abit (read: nothing major, just cosmetic) One of the glitches is the mods names are bold as we tinker. By the time the revamp is applied to the whole site, both mods and members will be bold like the mods names are now.

This was the very first issue I brought up with scooter when I was named mod, and he assured me that in very short order, all names will be made uniform (whether that be everyone's name being bold or everyones name being normal).

One of the things we're working on is trying to integrate the new mods into the core member base, which is taking some getting used to because some of them come from sites that require them to be more outspoken. The way I put it to them was that around here, 99.9% of the time, mods are just people. and when that .1% comes around, business gets taken care of, and things go back to normal very quickly.

.... psssttttt.... its scooter that hides from us :evil :shifty (in all sreiousness though, EVERYBODY has an option to log in invisibly. there's an option in your user CP)

Rooz 08-03-2007 10:26 AM

makes me feel fat :( :lol

denyo77 08-04-2007 06:21 AM

I like the UB design, reminds me of Apple...
and please leave all the names normal. Bold doesn't look nice ;)

nick_318is 08-06-2007 08:23 PM

Im back, I don't know if our names are going to change some more but why do the mod's rides have to be in Bold, are they better then us lowly members? :shifty

Dr1ve4fun 08-06-2007 09:18 PM

heh.. The names are like a rainbow now :wall

celsdogg 08-06-2007 10:04 PM

personally, i dont like the bolding. bolding should be mostly reserved to highlighting something of importance. our names are important, but that whole section on the left of the post is pretty much for it.

IMHO, i like it the way it was before.

Kasei 08-06-2007 10:20 PM

:agree I liked the regular black font for member names.

dinanM6 08-06-2007 10:56 PM

Hopefully it will all come together once this "minor redesign" is finished. I wonder if there is anyway to make the old style a separate skin so that people who don't like all the bolded names and things can just use the old skin until the new one is complete.