United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   War and Politics    (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   should we (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11936)

bimmersunited 07-31-2007 01:58 AM

should we

allow publicly:
1) Gay
2) Transexual/transgender
3) Tranvestites

into the armed forces

Dudesky 07-31-2007 06:45 AM

Personally, I don't care what orientation they are. I've heard of guys in the service who are straight as hell but don't have the guts to do what needs doing. I think the bottom line is that one ought to be accountable for his/her fellow comrades, and be strong and fit enough to get their job done. Beyond that, they can be whatever the hell they wanna be.

c1apton 07-31-2007 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmersunited
allow publicly:
1) Gay
2) Transexual/transgender
3) Tranvestites

into the armed forces

My thought are - if they're happy with those lifestyles and can do the job - go for it. Who are we to judge people by their sexual prefs? It's like saying a person of a religious belief or color is better than another that's bullshit. "If we were all blind, prejudice wouldn't exist"

denyo77 07-31-2007 09:00 AM

sorry, bimmersunited, but these questions arejust bullshit.
we are here to talk about BMWs and all kinds of other things, but not about polls or your questions.
Please stop bothering us with unimportant stuff like that.
Thank you.

celsdogg 07-31-2007 09:31 AM

^^^^ i think its ok. i believe this is a new section where we can talk about this stuff. besides, there have been tons of threads about all kinds of stuff other than BMW's. its what makes UB unique compared to other forums IMHO.

celsdogg 07-31-2007 09:55 AM

after i posted here i was just thinking about your question. because the thing is, we do let gays serve in all areas of the military (the others you mentioned i am not so sure about) under the clinton "dont ask, dont tell" policy.

so i see your questions is "allow publicly" which makes it different. the thing is, i dont personally care if its public or private. in combat all that your going to care about is how the soldiers next to you handle themselves in combat and how well they can positively dispatch enemy combatants. if you are out there wondering about or thinking about someone's sexual orientation instead of backing each other up, then the question is whether you should be in the military or not.

bimmersunited 07-31-2007 10:07 AM

public is the key
war and politics forum is the key.

think over the responses again with those in mind.

would your morale be affected if you were serving next to an openly a/b/c person?

CroCop> 07-31-2007 11:42 AM

I really think that if these above (a,b,c) people want to serve their country and stand ready for to make the ultimate sacrafice, then who are we to deny their constitutional right to do so?
I think that as long as they keep their shit to themselves and not walk around camp buttass naked with a dildo in their hands lol, then I guess they should be allowed to serve like any other straight guy/gal.

and about the moral thing, thats why we have the 'dont ask dont tell ' crap thing.

drz 07-31-2007 11:42 AM

What kind of a question is this? Why the hell are you trying to wreak havoc?

First of all: as a leader -- albeit appointed, and not elected -- of this board, how come you don't man up and offer your opinion first?

Second: Why is "pubilcly" the key?

Third: My answer to your first question (I am assuming it was a question because of the way it was worded, even though there is no question mark at the end) is yes.

Fourth: My answer to your most recent question (about my morale being affected, etc., etc.) is no.

Please remove the Politics and War subforum.

drz 07-31-2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CroCop>
I really think that if these above (a,b,c) people want to serve their country and stand ready for to make the ultimate sacrafice, then who are we to deny their constitutional right to do so?
I think that as long as they keep their shit to themselves and not walk around camp buttass naked with a dildo in their hands lol, then I guess they should be allowed to serve like any other straight guy/gal.

and about the moral thing, thats why we have the 'dont ask dont tell ' crap thing.

See. This is the type of post that comes from starting a thread like this.

Cro, I know you mean well. But the way we word things should be more tactfuly.

What about gay people makes you think that they are very likely to walk around the camp naked?

And the dildo part? It's like saying I don't want straight men in the army because we don't have room for all their blow-up dolls.

--------------------------------

STUPID THREAD

STUPID SUBFORUM

xsperf 07-31-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drz
Please remove the Politics and War subforum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drz

STUPID THREAD

STUPID SUBFORUM

:agree

bimmersunited 07-31-2007 12:00 PM

i have no opinion either way.
i didn't serve in the military, did any of you?

so the question is legitimate because it's just a political discussion - if you want, I'll tell you straight up it doesn't matter to me since i didn't serve and have no clue what it's like to serve.

some of my family has been in the service, but i don't know them well enough.

so again, it's a debate.

drz 07-31-2007 12:05 PM

You have no opinion either way? Wow -- that's an intelligent statement.

This is not a political discussion. This (no matter how you want to spin it) is a broad sociological matter.

I also like it how you avoid the elephant in the room in your own post by saying that it doesn't matter to you since you "didn't serve and have no clue what it's like to serve." You want us to post whether we have something against homosexuals, transvestites, and or transsexuals. Why can't we hear what you have to say first?

Or better yet -- why don't we close this thread and get rid of you as a mod?

c1apton 07-31-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drz
You have no opinion either way? Wow -- that's an intelligent statement.
since you "didn't serve and have no clue what it's like to serve." You want us to post whether we have something against homosexuals, transvestites, and or transsexuals. Why can't we hear what you have to say first?

Or better yet -- why don't we close this thread and get rid of you as a mod?

I agree drz, but to answer his question, I've served and have the scars to show for it. As long as they can do the job asked of them I don't care.
Maybe you ought to serve, you'ld have a whole different outlook and appreciation of life and of people of different cultures instead of starting these "bean counting statistical threads":tdown Why don't you start a "War & Politics" blog like on Pluto - Go ahead ban me, at this point who cares.......

CroCop> 07-31-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drz
See. This is the type of post that comes from starting a thread like this.

Cro, I know you mean well. But the way we word things should be more tactfuly.

What about gay people makes you think that they are very likely to walk around the camp naked?

And the dildo part? It's like saying I don't want straight men in the army because we don't have room for all their blow-up dolls.

STUPID THREAD

STUPID SUBFORUM

its a joke bro lighten up
the last thing soldiers would be doing in a war zone is walking around naked or blowing up dolls