United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Eliminating Posers, With a E30 (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11857)

Empty Box 07-22-2007 12:22 PM

Eliminating Posers, With a E30

A Stock Es at that!

Just thought I'd mention this one, as it was quite spectacular at the time, And well, Its one less poser. (And there isnt enough E30 stories in here... Sure its not as spectacular as taking on a Jag or Evo or something like that.. But hey, gotta represent!)

Me, in my 86 325es vs. Some schmo in a E36 318i (If I remember correctly, deffo an E36).

We (I had a passenger) were driving back from out of town, driving down the street, when, a poser (E.G. This guys' E36 had 18" Chrome Rims, Fart can, and tinted windows. (If there is one thing I hate besides ricers, Its people who ruin the BMW's lines like that... Just attrocious) He decides to play a little game with me.

I'm cruising around behind him, and he starts slowing down to around 40 in a 45, But, Im boxed in. Eventually, I get over to the other lane and speed up. As I get even with him, I slow as the van infront of me is turning. I speed back up to get by the poser (Who was now getting in my lane and slowing) So, I end up back in the other lane in a cross over. I'm not looking for a race, so, I'm doing the limit. He decides again to speed up and take my lane. It's on and he's gonna lose.

Toss it into 3rd, Hop in the other lane (We are now traffic free) and just pull up next to him, unassuming, (My passenger gave a bird unfortunantly... It was on from then on) they sped up, So Did I. I was expecting to get owned (Hell, its an E30. They aint FAST (Stock) and a E to make things worse), but, thanks to that extra torque from the E, I was able to pick up speed at a tremendous rate, and beat him to the next stoplight (which was green) then the next one turned yellow (I had around 2 cars on him, and was pulling) And I made it through. His light turned green as I caught the next red. So there we are, after that little race he looks for a pure stoplight drag.

So, the light goes green, I make probably the best launch I could've made (Without wheelspin... I dont wanna spin em up on the streets) and just Pull on him like no other as you can here the fart can get going (It didnt sound like an exhaust system... Just the tip... A cheesey chrome one at that) He speeds up, as I'm STILL pulling on him, and then he eventually just gives up (Around 3 cars). He catches up as I speed up, and he flips us the bird as he turns off the street (No love lost... I was thinking "What? Not like I wanted the race... I cant help it your slower than me.... Maybe you should respect da E30! :rofl2 )

I know it wasnt much, but it is always fun beating people that drive cars like that. I just cant help but wonder, are they really that slow? Or was the driver that slow? I went in thinking there was no way I was gonna beat him (Cmon, its 10 years newer!), but yet, I did quite easily. Since then I no longer say my car is SLOW, but it is underestimated. I was shocked at how fast it would go, It wasnt like a pure Horsepower fast, but more of a torque acceleration fast.

Respect da E30! (And The E models! :lol3)

celsdogg 07-22-2007 01:36 PM

heck yes! nice work!

E30 FTMFW!

i do toy with other bimmer owners out there. The E30 has almost perfect gearing for it :woot

nick_318is 07-22-2007 01:40 PM

the 318 is heavier then your car and probably has less or similar power to the 325es. Nice work.

denyo77 07-23-2007 11:16 AM

nice one, beat the 4 cylinders ;)

xsperf 07-23-2007 11:24 AM

you also dont have a 2.5, you have a 2.7, right?

celsdogg 07-23-2007 12:02 PM

^^^ yeah, but it only makes like 127 hp but 170 lb/ft torque :D

MTurboPower3 07-23-2007 12:16 PM

Your E 30 is just has more power because the 318 had the least power any bimmer ever made and plus the exhaust tip contstricts the air from coming out of the exhaust which makes less power then it already has, so you should've beat him no problem.

elsabor67 07-23-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTurboPower3
and plus the exhaust tip contstricts the air from coming out of the exhaust which makes less power then it already has

MTP, where did you get that concept from:conf :conf ??? Tips slide over the the exhaust exit, and for them to block or restrict flow they would have to directly block the tube itself.

EB, you should have thrown him some tissue as he turned away from you:lol3

celsdogg 07-23-2007 01:34 PM

regardless, the guy probably was disrespecting the E30 because it was old, but his lack of knowledge bit him in the ass.

nick_318is 07-23-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Your E 30 is just has more power because the 318 had the least power any bimmer ever made and plus the exhaust tip contstricts the air from coming out of the exhaust which makes less power then it already has, so you should've beat him no problem.

The e36 318 does not have the least power of any bimmer ever made, it has 136-140hp stock from the m42 or m44 if its later is probably about 145 and thats more then his e30 has. I dont see what the exhaust tip has to do with shit.

celsdogg 07-23-2007 09:34 PM

^^^ wait a minute, i thought exhaust tips increased power! :dunno lol

Kasei 07-23-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

:shifty

Quote:

Originally Posted by celsdogg
^^^ wait a minute, i thought exhaust tips increased power! :dunno lol

:rotfl

Well done EB.

xsperf 07-23-2007 10:00 PM

im sure the bmw isetta had more power than the 318

denyo77 07-25-2007 10:43 AM

not to forget about the BMW Dixi
any of you guys know that BMW (one of the first ones to sell good)?

celsdogg 07-25-2007 02:10 PM

^^^ yup, left over bodies from when BMW took over the Dixi company, which was a version of the brit austin 7.