United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Feedback (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Problem with Rate My Car (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10640)

SuperCouper 03-25-2007 07:28 PM

Problem with Rate My Car

sup guys

jus wondering if anyone can help me out here...

I tried to start my rate my car thingy, then it asked me to upload a pic. so i did, and when i went back to the start my car thingy, it is showing that i havent uploaded anything...help:confused

Also, when i go to look at other peoples Rate my Car, the pictures wont show. Any help is appriciated, thanks in advanced!

celsdogg 03-25-2007 08:35 PM

the site was recently moved to a new server. perhaps komodo can get around to fixing it.

theSMELSINATOR 03-25-2007 09:45 PM

i've had the same problem with the pics not showing. a fix would be great.

theSMELSINATOR 04-01-2007 09:21 PM

anyone had any more luck? i can view the image if i go through the source code to find the url of the image but thats a pain.

nick_318is 04-02-2007 12:41 PM

I used to have no problems with it but now i dont even see car pics, I think it needs some attention but I know Komodo is a busy man so I don't know how long it might take to fix and problems.

mullethunter3 04-23-2007 06:29 PM

Not to bash Harry at all (because I respect him for starting such a great place), but it's he too busy to handle this site on his own? I've seen it fall from a great, changing place to a state of disrepair. i.e. Rate my Car, Knowledge Base, Blink File caused me to have to move almost all the pictures of each DIY I've done to another server (which is a lot of pictures), just little stuff like that.

Maybe he needs some help with management of this site. I'm sure there would be many loyal members who would be up to the task.

Wadya think, Harry?

theSMELSINATOR 04-24-2007 04:01 PM

^perhaps a PM suggesting that would get his attention? :dunno i would PM him myself but i don't feel i've been here long enough to have much of a say.

komodo 05-03-2007 07:51 PM

I agree, we might need to look into adding some additional management around here because of my lack of free time. :(

CroCop> 06-09-2007 09:25 PM

so? is anyone fixing the site? i seem to have the same problem with the rate a car section?
oh and how did u use another
server to put up your pics here mullet?

Dudesky 08-01-2007 08:13 PM

I thought one of the new admins said a few days ago that Rate My Car was fixed? It's still messed up. I haven't been able to change anything on mine for over a year now. All the changes I did to the car, and now I don't even own it anymore . . and now that I got the e39, I can't enter that car in there, or take the old one off :angry

94bmw325i 08-01-2007 09:45 PM

+1 man this place is messed up right now

Chris 08-02-2007 01:42 AM

I'm sure it will get fixed in time. we just gotta have some patience and cut everybody some slack.