United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum

United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rant Forum (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Introducing.... (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10325)

c1apton 02-19-2007 05:07 AM

Introducing....

With the amount of basic info posted here in UB, there's an abundance of info available - but some folks INSIST on asking dumb questions or don't use the search feature, they're just to lazy to look. Well introducing today I'm going to start a "Bonehead Award" - sorry but it's got to be done. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem helping folks out but when someone gets "hypo-CAR-diac" or says he can't find it and the majority of us know it's here - the bonehead award is coming - no warning just "BLAM" - considerations will be given to newbies but some folks only drop in to ask us when their laziness over-rules their sense of using google and our own search features. I'm just posting this to notify members who've been extremely tolerent. :deal
I have only 1 prejudice - I HATE STUPID LAZY PEOPLE!!!:bash

Numark318i 02-19-2007 11:32 AM

heh i kno how u feel.

although sometimes i might be that guy.

scrichy84 02-19-2007 03:08 PM

I think it is a great idea! I wonder if there is wany good animations out there to accompany the award.

c1apton 02-19-2007 03:16 PM

ah, it's not the regular folks who contribute or ask the questions, it's the guys who've been members for a long time but have like 8-12 posts and there all just "help me posts" some don't even reply w/ a thank you or did that answer your problem reply... Then there are some that are PURE Lazy - 95% of this forum is good folks and and contribute pics, laughs, situations, experiences, etc - then there's that 5% "help me my headlamp is out what's wrong???":doh I don't want to be rude, but c'mon please at least make an effort - this is one of the similar reasons dealerships "cop an attitude" - some people want a free diagnosis, then pay the ignorant grunt down the street to install it after they buy an inferior part off ebay. And they wonder why they end up having it done twice or it leads them down some twisted adventure of problems.:doh

drz 02-20-2007 05:00 PM

My windshield washer jets are not working. I think it may actually be the pump. Could somebody please take pics of your setup, mail me a Bentley manual, and also tell what kind of oil I should use? And is synthetic good or bad on these cars? Also, what is the difference between a 328i and an 328is -- horsepower? How do I know if my car is E36 or E46, etc?

I have read stuff like that far too often. I am an avid fan of the bonehead award.

c1apton 02-20-2007 07:41 PM

I'm getting a "twitch" already - no sooner did I write this thread when a new post "haven't been around lately - HELP" - I can't wait until virtual reality computers are available (augmented reality) - then I can reach through the screen and slap some of these clowns. :blahblah :thud

Dudesky 02-20-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drz
My windshield washer jets are not working. I think it may actually be the pump. Could somebody please take pics of your setup, mail me a Bentley manual, and also tell what kind of oil I should use? And is synthetic good or bad on these cars? Also, what is the difference between a 328i and an 328is -- horsepower? How do I know if my car is E36 or E46, etc?

At least this is readable. What I really can't stand are the run-on sentences with no punctuation marks.

c1apton 02-20-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudesky
At least this is readable. What I really can't stand are the run-on sentences with no punctuation marks.

What about the "Sherlock Holmes" effect? Where they ask questions without giving you year, model, stick/auto - and their member info offers no help either... are we suppose to know automatically?
I do give most the benefit of the doubt because they're "youngsters",
college kids w/more than a priority on important things like babes, school etc,,, but c'mon folks
Maybe we can get Harry to start a "HELP" thread/section where they HAVE to enter the pertinents - model, prod date, when does problem happen hot/cold - morning, winter, stick, auto - at least then we have a fighting chance + the lazy FFFs won't go through all of that - they're too lazy to use google.:worship

What do you think"witey"? (I can almost feel you reading this over my shoulder...lol)

nick_318is 02-21-2007 08:46 AM

Bonehead award for the win (yes I spelled it out).

C1 - I think having people to enter all of that stuff in a Help Section or whatnot would be a great idea and hopefully help anyone who is trying to help others figure out the problem. However, I think that even if you do that and make some stickies saying you need to you will still have boneheads just trucking away without info anyway. Now if you could make it special and have a bunch of extra required fields for just the help section to start a thread that would be sweet.

witeshark 02-21-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1apton
Maybe we can get Harry to start a "HELP" thread/section where they HAVE to enter the pertinents - model, prod date, when does problem happen hot/cold - morning, winter, stick, auto - at least then we have a fighting chance.:worship

Sending e-mail on this idea. Well worth looking into :type