You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Other Makes And Modelsdiscussion of all other makes and models
Holy Shiznit! 2003 Ferrari Enzo Crashed! The Story is Crazier than Pics!
A 2003 Ferrari Enzo crashed at 6:08 AM on February 21, 2006 in Malibu, California on the Pacific Coast Highway near Decker Canyon . In the first few hours after the crash, there was a lot of confusion as to who the driver was. Here are the facts so far - we will continue to update you on this story as it unfolds:
* The owner of the car is Stefan Erikssen, a 44 year old former executive of Gizmondo. He left Gizmondo after allegedly being involved in a Swedish Mafia crime ring.
* He only suffered a bloody lip in the accident
* He claimed that he was a passenger in the Enzo and that the person driving was a German guy named "Dietrich".
* He claimed that they were racing a Mercedes SLR
* Police estimate that he was travelling a minimum of 100 MPH and up to 200 MPH when the crash occurred.
* Stefan Erikssen was intoxicated at the time of the accident
* A witness claimed that he saw the car go airborn due to excessive speed which is why the crash occurred in the first place.
* Police could not find the "driver", but they did find blood on the drivers side airbag. Police claim that only the driver side airbag deployed, however this photo seems to show that both airbags deployed.
* Police find the owner's story sketchy
* Update: Feb 22 - 9:04 PM EST - Police are pursuing the theory that Eriksson spent Monday night and Tuesday morning drinking with friends at a Beverly Hills house when they decided to drive to Malibu to race the Enzo against a silver Mercedes SLR
* Update: Feb 22 - 9:04 PM EST - The driver was convicted of fraud and counterfeiting in Sweden in 1993 and 1994. "It's all beginning to come together," says Los Angeles County sheriff's Sgt. Philip Brooks. "Pretty soon, we'll have it all figured out."
* Update: Feb 23 - 6:00 AM EST - Los Angeles Sheriff's Department Sgt. Philip Brooks told ABC News that he received a call from the Bank of Scotland claiming that the bank was in the process of repossessing the car and that Eriksson owns a second Ferrari Enzo with a questionable registration.
* Update: Feb 23 - 3:00 PM EST - Detectives are becoming increasingly skeptical of the explanation given by Eriksson and will be re-interviewing him today. `His story has inconsistencies that need to be cleared up,'' said Sgt. Phillip Brooks.
* The investigation has also centered on exactly how the Enzo got into the United States and how Ericksson came to possess it.
* Update: Feb 23 - 7:30 PM EST - It appears Mr Eriksson may have destroyed a car which didn't belong to him. Police said the car was the property of the Bank of Scotland and was in the process of being repossessed at the time of the crash. The word on the street is the Ferrari was obtained through fraudulent financing along with a Mercedes SLR. When the bank found out, Eriksson simply shipped the Ferrari to the United State. The car had a European registration and nothing had been done to make it street legal in California.
* Police have calculated the official speed of impact at 162 MPH.
* Update: Feb 24 - 7:30 PM EST - One of our eagle-eyed visitors pointed us to a video clip of Stefan Eriksson driving around Beverly Hills a week before the crash. In the clip, he's driving his black Enzo, a pretty young girl hops out of the car after giving him a kiss, and he shows off by reving the engine a bit. The odd thing is that the car has a European license plate. It looks like the black Enzo wasn't properly registered either.
Click Here to View Video Clip
BEFORE THE ACCIDENT:
Eurogamer dug up pictures of Stefan Eriksson with his Ferrari Enzo back in the good ole days. In fact, the pictures show him with BOTH of his Enzos, one black, one red. Note that he hadn't replaced the rims back when the pics were taken.
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
well..I haven't been here in a long time I had no idea you guys divided up the Member's Lounge into a thousand little post-specific rooms, There was no way I was going to find out this was posted before, unless I browsed UB for about 3 days straight before finding the original post...not my fault.
welcome back del! where ya been? and btw, about the repost thing, if you just went 2 posts down(from this post) there it is, where it says "The Plot Thickens" by REALBMW and also, theres always the search feature, but either way, i dont mean to bash on you right upon your return
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long