Key programming seat presets????
Just bought a 04 325 XI, moved up from a 95 325 IS, this car has the key fob programmed to relocate the seat to the previous owners positions every time you unlock the car with the key fob,
How can I either 1, reprogram it to my seat settings or 2, shut it off so it dosent move the seat at all,
I am happy just using the presets on the side of the seat.
The fob is programmed to send a code to the seat telling it to go to memory location 1, 2, or 3. Reprogramming it so it does not send a seat location code is a dealer item. It is not difficult, but the owner's manual does not tell you how to do it.
What you CAN do at home is figure out which memory location your fob is accessing, and reprogram that memory to your personal preference so the seat stays right where it is when you trigger the fob.
1) Play with the memory buttons and fob until you figure out which memory your fob is activating.
2) Turn the key on to position 1 or 2.
3) Adjust the seat and mirrors to your preferences.
4) Press the Memory button on the side of the seat.
5) Press the numbered seat memory button you want to reset and hold it until the indicator light goes out.
I just went out and set all 3 memory locations to my seat settings, as I will be the only one driving the car.
now it works great.
As always the help here is great and always appreciated.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2005-2013 UnitedBimmer.com
Ad Management by RedTyger