Help Identify These Bits and Pieces... Pics Included
Greetings from down under, I recently purchased a 1993 318is and need a bit of a hand with identifying a few bits and pieces under the hood and in the cabin, the list is as follows.
1. Loose plug in engine bay, passenger side (RHD)
2. Loose connector with 2 points also passenger side only -
3. Loose connector with 3 points on both passenger and driver sides -
4. Loose wiring running from passenger side wiring loom and runs under the plastic radiator cover to driver side (brown/yellow) -
5. Now I am aware that possibly the 3 prong connectors may of been for the fog lights as they are not connected but the seem to have a different socket-
6. An educated guess tells me that these are the switches for the fog lights... but why are there 2 of them?
7. What is the function of the S.E.M switch next to the shifter?
Now the previous owner has installed a new front bar and angel eyes head lights which may have caused some of the wiring to not be completely utilised..
8. I also have an issue with the left front indicator not working, I have replaced the globe and tried to fit the indicator housing from the left to right and the housing/globe seem to be o.k therefore the problem lies within the wiring?
9. I also have an issue with the wipers working intermittently or on "High", could someone advise whether this is a relay issue or the motor itself?
Any suggestions/clarifications would be highly appreciated. thanks.
Can't help with the wiring, but the "SEM" is for the trans. S=sport, E= economy M= ? on my car its for winter driving conditions, could be a trick switch for decoration or for M tech stuff
"M" is manual shift mode, the fog light switch o for off, next position is fog lights only on, last position is fog lights on with the headlights. Some of those connectors MIGHT be for options your car wasn't equipped with, but of course consult a wiring diagram.
Further to the above discussion....so what happens when the selector is put in 'S'....does it give more power and more fuel consumption
And what happens when put in 'M'....and how to drive after putting in M....what position of the gear stick to be used...D..1...2...3..???
"S" sport mode eliminates the 4th transmission gear and moves the tranny shift points around allowing the engine to rev higher. To be used on curvy and/or mountain roads where you're speed will most likely not exceed 55-60 mph. Fuel economy suffers in this mode. "E" Economy mode changes the shift points to a less aggressive mode and adds 4th gear back in. To be used for normal driving conditions and high speed freeway travel. Best mode for fuel economy. "M" Manual is kind of like the predecessor to the "autostick" transmission. You put it in "M" and then manually select you gear 1,2,3,4. Boy toy racer mode basically for the sake of "feeling" like your in control, but if you were that good you'd have bought a manual.............
For the light switches, one is for the front fog lights the other is for the rear fog light(brighter red)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2005-2013 UnitedBimmer.com
Ad Management by RedTyger