here is the drivers side. a bit more difficult because of the muffler, but still manageable. just be careful on this side.
drivers side removed. same as the passenger side.
this gave me trouble because it was a bit tight. since i didnt care what happened to it, i sprayed some WD40 on it, let it sit, then used a good, solid channel lock to hold on to it. my 1/4 open end kept slipping.
drivers side comparison
since this side was harder, i had to prop up the bottom of the shock after i slid it into the tower, then i put some bolts on the top to hold it. then, after several trys, i was able to compress it, and thread the bottom bolt.
one more shot of it installed:
original equipment sachs. i wonder if this is still the first shock installed at the factory.
the two mounts after i was all finished.
took about 2.5 hours to do. very easy as long as you have a little strength, common sense, and a good set of tools!
also, sorry there arent better pictures; when i am working i never know what good pics to take!