DIY How to replace fog light bulbs on an E46 sedan
Not so hard.
All you need is a rag, a flat head screw driver and an 8mm socket + wrench
Step one: Remove the trim ring...
Step two: Locate the 8mm screw and remove it
Step three: pull out the fog light assembly and replace bulbs
Enjoy your new bulbs (you should notice which one is new :D)
What kinda bulbs are those? They are sexy.
sure beats replacing e36 fogs haha
Can someone explain how to remove the fog lights from my 330ci? Why are the bumpers different?
This is what my front bumper looks like. Sorry about the large pic.
You have the two door of an earlier year. That is why your bumper is different.
1. Using a flat head screw driver and a soft cloth remove the outer trim. Which is part number 6 on the diagram.
2. Carefully remove the two screws on the assembly, screws are number 5 on the diagram. Be VERY careful that part number 4 does not drop into the bumper!
3. Slide the assembly out. Don't force it, make sure nothing else else is holding it in (like the support and grommet, Part number 2).
4. You should be able to turn and gently slide out the bulb and socket from the assembly. Part Number 3.
5. Disconnect the harness from the bulb and socket, part 7. It should be a clip that you press down with your thumb and forefinger, then slides out.
6. Place new bulb in the socket and reconnect to harness (Remember NEVER TOUCH THE BULBS GLASS! Oils from you skin will shorten the bulb life!). Then put the socket back into the assembly.
7. Replace the assembly and put screws back in; make sure everything is snug and back in order.
8. Replace trim piece by carefully lining up all the clips and slides, the GENTLY sliding it back in.
I'm fairly confident these directions are correct. Post back if you have any problems. If you feel uncomfortable doing this then call a mechanically inclined friend or family member!
if your not wanting to remove the fog light trim, for fear of breaking it (like i did!!) another easy way on pre-facelift coupes atleast, is just remove your indicators, and so log as you have slender arms you ought to be able to reach down into the fog light bulb holder.
hope that saves someone sum time and money! ;)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2005-2013 UnitedBimmer.com
Ad Management by RedTyger