Originally Posted by bmw4life
sweet... any idea when this will be live.
Rather than just releasing the interface, I'm delaying it a few weeks and releasing everything at the same time.
Included in UB2.0 will be:
- New sexy interface with easier access to the non-forum parts of the site
- Much improved SEO (so we can get deeper into the search engines)
- Revised custom-written wallpaper gallery. I want this to compete directly with the thousands of BMW wallpaper sites out there.
- United Garages (this will compete head-on with Car Domain)
- Redeveloped Rate-My-Car (completely new code, integrated with garages)
- Harder focus on unitedbimmer email (if someone starts using UB.c email for their personal mail, they are unlikely to lose interest in our site and leave because they see the name everyday... thus better member retention, plus the advertisement we get from people distributing our name to all their friends)
After this new site is launched, I plan on dropping a lot of personal money into advertising, in addition to seeking out 3rd party investors to help establish a larger hold online.
Our goal with this single campaign is to have a few hundred users online 24/7, however through all that, one of my highest priorities is maintaining a small community vibe. After we reach that level, I plan on rolling out new makes using a similar code base- the United Cars network.