Engine runs poorly or hesitates
- Check ignition system
- Check restrictions on fuek injectors
- Fuel pump output and delivery (fuels lines for restrictions) If pressure is low replace fuel pump.
Engine Lacks Power
- Tune up stats , Worn spark plugs, adjust or replace as needed.
- Air filter and intake system. Check for Restrictions or blockage.
- Check the sensor operation and wiring of fuel and ignition managment systems.
- Check throttle linkage, check to make sure it is fully opening throttle.
- Check for restricted Exhaust system?(bent or crimped exhaust pipes)
- Check for loose or defective Knock sensor( An improperly torqued or defective knock sensor will decrease spark advance and reduce power.Replace and torque to spec.
- Check for worn mechanical conditions (low compression, worn piston rings, worn valves, worn camshafts or replated parts.Rebuild or replace Engine.)
- Check engine oil level for being overfilled.
- Check intake manifold or vaccum hose leak(replace leaking gaskets, or hoses)