Hey guys, I wanted to wait until I had a chance to look at the car before I said anything or posted anything. I finally went out and looked at it and it was hands down, the nicest, cleanest, and sickest E36 that I have ever driven. Just to give you a taste of how it drove...I got to 100 in 10sec in 3rd gear...I had the biggest grin on my face.
Anyways, we'll start with the mods list and then work our way into the pictures.
* 3.2 Liter engine with M50 head and thicker valvestems with single VANOS retrofitted on.
* Block has been o-ringed with stainless steel wire
* Copper head gasket
* Active Autowerke Stage2+ (turbo conversion done in 1999/2000) turbo
* Pauter Machine "+" beam connecting rods
* Customer JE forged 8.8:1 pistons
* huge intercooler
* Fuel enrichment is entirely custom! It is all custom software by Karl Hugh at Midwest Motorsport and done in the EEPROM of the Bosch Motronic DME ... it uses 42 lb/hr fuel injectors. No rising rate fuel pressure regular goofiness here!
* HKS Racing wastegate
* Apexi digital boost control (12 -15 psi)
* Apexi Turbo Timer
* e36 M3 5 speed transmission
* Active Autowerke custom lightweight flywheel and clutch assembly specifically made for the horsepower.
* e36 M3 rear differential
* custom rear suspension lateral arm
* custom upper rear shock mounts (JTD)
* rear end floor pan custom welded and reinforced by Leo Franchi's Midwest Motorsports in Glenview Illinois
* Aquamist Water Injection provided by Active Autowerke ... very useful for repatability. It operates off boost pressure (once boost passes about 10 psi it kicks in)
* e36 M3 front seats; the leather on the passenger seat is pristinel; the leather on the driver's seat is new.
* Koni Single Adjustable Shocks
* HR Springs
* little details, like chrome inside door handles and headrests added in the rear
* BMW burlwood kit
* Valentine 1 buried in the 3rd center high mounted stop lamp
* SSR Competition 17x8.5 wheels (back) 17x8 wheels (front)
* front tires 225/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza S02, 60% tread
* rear tires 245/40/17 Potenza S03, 90% tread
* stock sound system
* Custom exhaust (which started life as a supersprint stainless steel e36 m3 exhaust and was modified with "sewer drain" exhausting all the way from the wastegate.
* AP Racing 4 piston brakes up front
* e36 M3 brakes in the rear
* UUC short shift kit
* Boost Gauge and Air/Fuel gauge in A pillar
* Volts / Oil Temps / Oil Press under the On board computer in front of the gear shift
Let me know what ya'll think
Now for the pictures