Doing minor repairs on my recently purchased 1998 328iC with 158000 miles. (Previous owner bought it at auction after a minor crash to passenger door. He replaced the outer door panel, trim, air bag, and the rag top.)
1. The driver's power window:
- Sometimes makes popping noise when rolling up or down.
- Most of the time will not roll all the way up when using the rocker switch that controls all the windows. It will begin to roll up and then reverse itself while the other windows close. Releasing the master rocker switch and pressing it again will close the driver's window. This happens if the convertible top is already in the open or closed position.
- Will not roll all the way up when closing the convertible top. It will stop about halfway or reverse itself.
- When opening the convertible top, all the windows will appropriately lower themselves during this process, but the driver's window is about an inch lower than the others. All the windows appropriately raise to their full height if the convertible switch remains engaged.
- After this point, I can lower all the windows with the main rocker switch, but if I raise them again, the driver's window will start to raise and then either stop halfway up or reverse itself to the completely open position. Releasing and pressing the main switch allows the driver's window to close.
2. The airbag indicator light stays on after the engine is started and running.