I've had my 1989 325i vert for about 2 weeks. I've had to get a new battery beause I left the lights on twice and it was an old one to begin with. <sigh> Just used to the automatic lights I guess.
I WILL need to do the following:
1. fix the trunk lock - cant get in
2. fix the automatic lock actuators - cant lock it
3. fix the glove box. Broken
4. small leak in the convertible top
5. fix the hood cable release (broken handle, using pliers to open it now - not good when you keep leaving the lights on LOL)
6. Needs a cover for under the steering column.
7. fix the handle to put the top down.
8. eventually the seats needs to be recovered - original leather is split and cracked & worn. but the heaters work nicely!
I think that's everything for now. I will also need a cover for the winter so if anyone can recommend a place to get it, I would be greatful.